Forums Latest Members
  1. Vaylalo Jun 11, 2018

Hello friends,
    I am a new member of this forum and a new omega vintage collector. A few days ago purchased from a flea market from Chile
    ( the south American country, not the spice :)) a rare vintage omega, military style probably from 1942. I think It have a 30t2 movement that works fine, although it needs to be serviced. Some pictures:
    IMG-20180610-WA0030.jpg
    IMG-20180610-WA0028.jpg IMG-20180610-WA0025.jpg

I noticed several issues about this watch.
    First, the dial is crooked. It have some patina, so probably not a recent redial.
    Second, the hands seems to be a little off from the style of omega military watches and maybe not hands used by omega all together. Although they look pretty old and likely to be made of gold. They still have some lume on it. The second hand seem to be made of blue steel, more in line with omega military watches.
    Third, I can't found any information about the model number shown on the case back (10082471) in omega's website. However, it looks legit to me. In very fine print on the top it said "modele depose".
    Forth, the number on the movement indicates that was made in 1942, I believe (9577893).

I couldn't find a watch with the same dial on the Internet, but I found this one:
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Vintag...e-Dial-Men-Watch-Caliber-30SC-T2/392054881489Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

It is like a white version of my watch with blue steel hands.

I paid about 120 US dollars for this watch. So, my questions are, it's a fraken watch? A extremely rare watch? A custom made watch?

Any input is welcomed.

Thanks in advance guys and greetings from Chile!

P.S. I apologize for any grammatical error, English is not my first language ;)

Edited Jun 12, 2018
    Edward53 and Etp095 like this.
  2. mac_omega Jun 12, 2018

Welcome,

the watch is legit

the number in the case back is not a model number but the case seerial#

hands are wrong

don´t know what happened to the dial - maybe one of the feet is bent - hence the "shifted position" of the 12

I don´t think it is a redial

hope this helps a little

Jerseyhammer and Vaylalo like this.
  3. chipsotoole Jun 12, 2018

+1 the hands are second sweep are wrong. The winding stem appears bent or the crown is loose. The movement is in really good condition for it's age and looks like the gasket has relatively recently been replaced. Look carefully under the balance wheel and you'll see the movement model number. It's not overly scarce or rare but folk do LOVE black dialled Omegas and this one looks all original to me. Service it and wear it well, I think you've found yourself a tidy wee deal.

Vaylalo likes this.
  4. Vaylalo Jun 13, 2018

Thank you guys, your input is very helpful.

I looked under the balance wheel and the movement model number is 30scT2 and based on omega's website it might be either a CK 2244 or CK 2254. In order to find which are the correct hands I start a more specific search over the Internet using this information. The only thing that I found was a picture of my watch heavily redialed.
    https://pin.it/emcezc27vaha6i

It seems that the watch on the picture have the correct hands. Were I can found original hands? I did a quick search for them over ebay and ottofrei with no positive results.

Thanks again for your help!!!

5. mac_omega Jun 13, 2018

I assume you completely mis-read or misunderstood the info on Omega´s website.

This is neither a ref. 2244 nor ref. 2254 for sure!

Do a google search on these 2 references and you will be surprised how different these ref. look

Vaylalo likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 13, 2018

Case and movement are not from the same watch.

The Omega database is incomplete a lot of watches had that movement.

Vaylalo likes this.
  7. ulackfocus Jun 13, 2018

8. Vaylalo Jun 13, 2018

I meant that based only in the movement model number 30scT2 it might be a ref. 2244 or ref. 2245 or a variant of those ref. (I picture that variants can be found, not sure though). However, you are right. It can't be those ref.

That's a bummer :(
    . I really hope that at least the dial and the movement are from the same watch and the shifted dial is because a bended winding stem or bended dial feet and not because is a frankenwatch.

I was looking for any info or picture from my watch in order to identify it and see if I can get original hands for it. Since the movement is from the early 40' I googled for vintage omega military from the 30' and 40'. Then I only got a pinterest picture of the dial of my watch with no info of it.

Overall, I think It is probably a frankenwatch. :(

Still, is a good movement and a handsome warch.

Thank you guys. Please any more input is welcome!!!