Forums Latest Members
  1. Danny Nov 20, 2014

Hello from Spain,
    This 2 watches comes from my father in law which passed away bless is soul, my wife dont seems to have much information but we are still investigating. Please can you give us your sugestions on who made it and if it has any value, eventually will be sold. ( picture 1 to 6 first watch, A to E second watch)
    Also I will appreciate an estimate value on 2 OMEGA pocket watch but I will post them on a new message,
    Hopping to use this forum correctly I will like to congratulate the authors
    Thank you
    Danny
    POCKETWATCH 1.jpg POCKETWATCH 2.jpg POCKETWATCH 3.jpg POCKETWATCH 4.jpg POCKETWATCH 5.jpg POCKETWATCH 6.jpg POCKETWATCH A.jpg POCKETWATCH B.jpg POCKETWATCH C.jpg POCKETWATCH D.jpg POCKETWATCH E.jpg

2. mozambique Nov 30, 2014

were you able to find anything out?

3. michael e Still learning. Dec 1, 2014

Edited Dec 1, 2014
  4. Interstatetime Dec 1, 2014

Unfortunately, a lot of Swiss pocket watches from this era are simply generic. The part of the Swiss watch industry which likely produced this was a cottage industry where different small (cottage) companies produced the pieces and parts of a watch which were then assembled into a generic "ebauche" movement. Some of these generic movements were then sold to name brands to be finished and some were sold as private labels. Of the private labels some were marked and some were not. You will find a lot of other watch movements which look like yours. You may even find some with "names" on them. Even though your watch is probably related to these similar watches, can't lead you to the conclusion that it was made by the "name". It almost undoubtedly wasn't. It almost certainly a generic watch which someone put there name on.

JohnCote

5. Pvt-Public Dec 1, 2014

Sorry I don't have any info for you, except that they both look like they have cylinder escapements. I do have a similar watch in a hunter case, different movement though. 1a.JPG PB211732.JPG

Edited Dec 1, 2014
  6. Sherbie Dec 1, 2014

The first one has a sterling silver case (the lion passant) assayed in London ( the leopards head) in 1886 (capital L in shield). i cant find who the makers initials refer to (CN)

7. Danny Dec 2, 2014

Thank you John, your theory make sense. perhaps you know something about the marks on this watches.
    Danny

8. Danny Dec 2, 2014

marvelous knowledge you have, do you think its worth anything?

9. Danny Dec 2, 2014

well thank you I have one more piece of the puzzle. cheers