Forums Latest Members
  1. watchairy Aug 10, 2017

Hey guys,

I have a friend who has asked me to source for him some parts for his late farthers Omega Quartz. For some reason I cannot find anything, either online or in my Omega reference books for this particular model.

The parts I am looking for are a replacement bracelet and Plexi crystal.

I have taken some pictures today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This caseback looks suspect, Im not sure it belongs to this watch

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Broken link which needs replacing.

[​IMG]

Any help would be kindly appreciated, I am based in London if anyone would like to see the watch.

2. Canuck Aug 10, 2017

If you are unsuccessful at finding another bracelet, could be tough. That watch is likely over 30 + years old, and it is pre-Swatch/Omega. It might be worthwhile to consider laser welding the broken link. As to the crystal. What is wrong with the one in the watch? You might consider sending the numbers inside the case back to Cousins, or Meadows and Passmore. They are both watch material suppliers. Are you planning to do the crystal job yourself?

A quick check seems to indicate Meadows and Passmore my have closed, and Cousins website says they do not sell to a retail customer. Maybe let a watch repair shop look after what the watch needs.

Edited Aug 10, 2017
  3. watchairy Aug 10, 2017

Hi Canuck.

I have tried sourcing a crystal via

Cousins
    Northern Watch & Clock
    Gleaves
    Ebay
    Ofrei

What I have found is that the case number does not match with the watch itself. So for example I ordered a crystal via Cousins and a round crystal arrived for the corresponding case number.

I have a quote now for £80 for laser welding inc return postage in london.

As for the plexi. It's in decent serviceable condition however the owner would like a new one.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 10, 2017

Bracelet is not the correct one for this watch. Attachment links have bee crudely adapted to fit the incorrect bracelet.

s-l1601.jpg s-l1603.jpg

5. Canuck Aug 10, 2017

If the crystal is plastic, it could be buffed, so maybe he doesn't need a new crystal. £80 to laser weld the bracelet link? Wow! Maybe, now that you have posted a picture of the watch on the MB, someone might come up with an option. But a replacement bracelet will likely be more than the cost of welding the link. As to the problem of the serial number/model number apparently applying to a different model, I'm puzzled.

6. watchairy Aug 10, 2017

Yeah £80 does sound pricey, if anyone wants to chime in with a offer of repair then please do send me a PM.

X350XJR - thanks for posting the pictures. Is that yours, if so do you a case number to hand or model number?

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 11, 2017

The crystal is no longer available from Omega. The 1155 bracelet still has part available, and to fix this you would need a whole new clasp based on the diagram that Omega has on the Extranet - part number is 117ST1155146. It's less than what you are being quoted for the laser welding...

Cheers, Al

8. watchairy Aug 11, 2017

Il chase that part number up right away. So in the case of the plexi ( which now I will inform the owner that it is no longer available) what happens say if the plexi needs to be replaced?

9. Canuck Aug 11, 2017

"what happens say if the plexi needs to be replaced?"

Apparently, you have tried to locate a crystal from a number of suppliers, resulting in your having received an incorrect crystal. Supplier error from one of them? No luck with most of them. Incorrect number inside the case back? That, I would doubt. About the owner's only hope would be that somewhere, a watch material supplier has one in stock. How to find that supplier? The crystal doesn't appear to be broken, so until a new one turns up, the original will have to do.

watchairy likes this.