Forums Latest Members

Mystery franken movement and worst redial in one package

1. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile May 12, 2018

2. cristos71 May 12, 2018

Looks like a 505 with a replaced rotor, 17 jewel instead of 24 jewel adjusted

felsby likes this.
  3. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile May 12, 2018

Thanks, @cristos71 that looks like a likely explanation.

4. Edward53 May 13, 2018

Sells vintage watches, has been on ebay since 1998, but still didn't realise neither the dial nor the movement is original? I would trust that seller about as far as I could spit a rat.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 13, 2018

What is the matter?

Everything is SIGNED! :rolleyes:

But the disclaimer is the best get out of everything.

To quote:

DISCLAIMER>>>> I sell antique, vintage and used watches. I am not a watchmaker and do no watch repair work myself. I sell all my watches as-is and as found and as pictured. If you are looking for a re-conditioned watch you are shopping in the wrong place. If you are looking for a new watch please go to a retail or fixed price auction. I sell with NO RESERVE and everyone gets a good deal that you decided to value. Buyer's remorse is not a valid reason for return. I do not sell fakes or knock-offs. If you do not trust me please save your bid for another seller. New Rule... If you bid and win you must make payment!!! No excuses. I do not cancel completed auctions. Thank you.

6. Fialetti May 13, 2018

Not only signed but 'Offecially certified'. I seem to remember seeing this handiwork on a previous thread.

7. Edward53 May 13, 2018

He's funny! Actually "if you are looking for a re-conditioned watch" you are in exactly the right place. But only if you are not bothered about the quality of the "re-conditioning".

felsby likes this.