Forums Latest Members
  1. joelk May 21, 2016

Hey everyone! I'm brand new to Omega Forums and just purchased my first Omega watch! (Actually its a wedding gift) I'll try and keep this brief:

Purchased what appears to be a vintage Seamaster from a jewelry store for $150
    Watch has new band but face is scratched and is showing wear.
    Adjusting the time is difficult and second hand sometimes stops. (Probably need to see a a professional for that)
    Lastly there is a logo towards the bottom above the 6. My guess is its a logo for an estate or some sort of alumni.
    I'm almost positive it's not a free mason symbol.

I just wanted to get an idea if I got ripped off, what model this is and if anyone has seen a watch like this?
    Thanks in advance for the help!

IMG_1050.JPG IMG_1051.JPG IMG_1053.JPG IMG_1055.JPG
  2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog May 22, 2016

You got your money's worth and quite a bit more. Dial was probably produced in the US, as the agent of the time offered printed presentation dials. Case is one piece or monocoque. Calibre may be a 562 or 563. At some stage you're going to have to have it opened for a service and at this time you can establish if the case is rolled gold or solid.

It does sound like the watch needs at least a clean and oil, and I would be inclined to avoid having it going until it's serviced. Crystal can be polished to removed the scratches or replaced.

joelk likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 22, 2016

You did well! That is worth more then you paid! That is an omega and is original. Pm me and I've got a few tricks I can use to id the logo.

joelk likes this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 22, 2016

Nice pick up. Well worth the money!
    Case is 14K Gold Filled (see between bottom lug).
    You won't know for certain the model number/caliber until the front is removed to access the info on the movement and caseback. A job for a competent watchmaker.

Maybe a presentation watch from the Aladdin Lamp Company or the Alpha "Lampda" Delta fraternity :D

Get it serviced and enjoy a nice vintage Omega.

joelk likes this.
  5. joelk May 22, 2016

Thanks everyone for the advice!! I know my buddy will love it. I appreciate all of the input and the assurance that the watch is legit.
    I'll still be hunting down the origins of the logo and will get back with any updates.