Forums Latest Members
  1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Dec 25, 2017

About an hour ago two little neighbor boys rang our doorbell and wanted to shovel the snow that fell last night. I tease the litte guys by using negotiation tactics. The boys give me a price and I offer less. I'm just playing around with them.
    The boys wanted twenty bucks. I asked them ten each. My wife yelled out give them 20 bucks each.

I was going to give them 20 each but I enjoy playing around with them. The youngest boy I think he is eight years old.
    He came to the door to collect his money. I handed him two tens. He figured that was ten each for him and his brother. The look on his face was priceless. I reached over to the kitchen counter and handed him a twenty for his brother.

I'm glad to see the boys out earning a few bucks. Not many kids in our neighborhood are willing to work doing odd jobs. The boys were in the kitchen having some hot chocolate and yapping it up with my wife. As they were leaving the little one said to me we like your wife.

I looked at him and said you better be careful messing around with a mans wife. He said we are not messing around with her she is just a nice lady. I said to the boy what do you mean an old lady he said yes. After that my wife punched me in the arm.

2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Dec 25, 2017

Sounds exactly like the antics I would get up to and my wife's responses. Only thing is, we've never had any "shovel-able" snow.

watchknut likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 25, 2017

None of the kids in our neighbourhood are interested in making money shoveling snow. So I just finished clearing the drive...

When I was young doing yard work of all kinds for people in the neighbourhood was the source of my spending money. Now I see parents driving their kids down the block in the morning to the spot where the school bus comes to pick them up. They don't even walk the few hundred meters to that spot...

Euxinus, Foo2rama, noelekal and 5 others like this.
  4. aap Dec 25, 2017

With all the ribbing you were giving (to the kids and your wife), YOU should be the one shoveling! :p

Edited Dec 25, 2017
    blufinz52 likes this.
  5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 25, 2017

$40?! Where do you live? :rolleyes:

Euxinus, Foo2rama, Larry S and 4 others like this.
  6. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Dec 25, 2017

Same in my neighborhood most kids parents drive them to school.. A school bus stop is down the street from my house sometimes when I drive by I only see maybe three or four kids waiting on the school bus.

7. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Dec 25, 2017

I was planning on running the snow blower. I was sitting in the kitchen getting ready to go outside when the door bell rang the boys wanted to shovel the snow. I was in with that.

noelekal and aap like this.
  8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 25, 2017

For forty buck I'll shovel you driveway.

Bumper, Foo2rama, gatorcpa and 4 others like this.
  9. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Dec 25, 2017

Hey it's Christmas the boys made about a dollar a minute. It took them a little over twenty minutes. The little guys did a half a$$ job but I can live with that

Rman, BenBagbag, noelekal and 3 others like this.
  10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 25, 2017

I like snow as an oddity, not the norm.

voere likes this.
  11. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 25, 2017

Hope they don't grow up to be watchmakers!

Offer him $20 but keep him away from the Bride.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, all!

12. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Dec 25, 2017

Actually we have a landscape service/snow removal service. Only thing bad about the service is the guy does business places first then residential homes. So you never know when the guy will show up. It could be seven, eight pm. or later

13. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 25, 2017

Send those boys here this afternoon. I'll give them another $20 each to clear my driveway :thumbsup:

14. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Dec 25, 2017

Lucky for you no snow to remove. My wife knows I clown around with her. Sometimes I have to be careful she has a memory like an elephant and never forgets. And down the line she will pay me back.

noelekal likes this.
  15. Riviera Paradise Dec 25, 2017

voere, Vicke and noelekal like this.
  16. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 25, 2017

I like snow as in once in a lifetime.

[​IMG]

Send those kids down here after a hurricane, they'll get a lot more than $20 apiece for shoveling leaves.
    gatorcpa

voere and noelekal like this.
  17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 25, 2017

Hope you charged them full price for the hot choc, young ones need to know nothings free...

( $40 and a hot chocolate i will be there in the morning )

efauser likes this.
  18. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 25, 2017

This was December 7th in San Antonio. 42C246FC-3613-45D4-8483-6CCA8287B294.jpeg

noelekal and voere like this.
  19. kwiklot Dec 26, 2017

The bad thing about snow in Texas is that people really don't know how to drive in it as opposed to DC where it's the out of downers. Someone spilled a cup of ice in Texas cancel school.

efauser likes this.