Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Feb 25, 2014

A stork delivered this little baby to my doorstep few days ago.... I am delighted and shocked to find my first all original set including box (a little weathered) papers handtags and original guarantee and chronometer certificate. Surely a feast for any budding collector...:) Sadly the customs charges weren't as much a welcome, but you only live once! Sorry for the overly ostenatious post, it's not normally my style....But..

IMG_1436.JPG

The case, as you can probably see hasn't seen the dreaded polishing wheel...I've never seen lugs like it on a solid gold watch before...Well, maybe one or two...But it's nice to see what these cases actually looked like before the grinding commenced.

IMG_1405.JPG

Dial is a nice two tone crosshair satin sheen, no visible patina, and the orginal crown, crystal and buckle as well. Some scratches to the crystal which can be buffed out at a later date.

IMG_1403.JPG

The caseback is an even bigger treat to thine eyes...:eek: I'm sure the gentlemen never actually wore this watch...It looks like it was a Chrismas present bought in December, 1958. What a gift to recieve. The best I get is a pair of woolly socks! :cautious:

IMG_1421.JPG

ron n, mbeast, Hardy and 31 others like this.
  2. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 25, 2014

That is stunning. Enjoy:thumbsup:

Dablitzer likes this.
  3. simon Feb 25, 2014

That is one hell off a nice conny. Congratz

Dablitzer likes this.
  4. Moeris Feb 25, 2014

One of the most amazing Omegas I've seen in a long time... and it has the whole package to boot!

You get dibs on my Hamilton Cushion Engraved, and I get dibs on your Connie. Deal? ;) :p

Dablitzer likes this.
  5. Dablitzer Feb 25, 2014

:p

6. Selbo Feb 25, 2014

Wow. That's awesome. Thanks for the pictures.

Dablitzer likes this.
  7. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Feb 25, 2014

Nice. Looks like it was worn once, twice or, never. There even appears to be some honest to goodness tarnishing of the gold in places (Case back and bezel). If you're going to wear it, I'd go full-on total loser - weirdo and affix a round piece of painters tape or a clear case back sticker to the watch.

Dablitzer likes this.
  8. Dablitzer Feb 25, 2014

Good plan, and worthy advice.. I've already adhered to a sticker to protect the tarnish/graining... I guess that sticks me in the full-out total loser category right there! :p

citizenrich likes this.
  9. ulackfocus Feb 25, 2014

Dude! That is one NFW! ::love::

Dablitzer likes this.
  10. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 25, 2014

Amazing, congratulations! :thumbsup:

Dablitzer likes this.
  11. Dablitzer Feb 25, 2014

Thank you for being an enabler over the year! :thumbsup:

Edit: will refrain from too much soppy ness...it's not befitting a watch forum Like this! :p ;)

12. John R Smith Feb 25, 2014

Very nice indeed, Alex. Ticks all the boxes . . . :thumbsup:

Dablitzer likes this.
  13. Noisy Nova Feb 25, 2014

I'm in a state of awe.

Dablitzer likes this.
  14. Hijak Feb 25, 2014

WOW, Alex congratulations on one hell of a find!!!::love:: Those lugs, that case, the dial, the crown and with the whole set!::jumpy::

Dablitzer likes this.
  15. fjf Feb 25, 2014

[​IMG]

Dablitzer likes this.
  16. Dablitzer Feb 25, 2014

Thanks Ed! :)

17. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Feb 25, 2014

Congrats! Was staring at it myself for a couple of minutes but couldn't pull the trigger...too many watches in service at the moment. You got a good deal :)

18. Dablitzer Feb 25, 2014

Thanks Kyle, after some hefty customs I perhaps, overpaid, but I also know that it was offered on those terms, and quite frankly I don't see many come up In this kind of condition In solid gold. I just noticed it came with your grace and recommendations... ;) :thumbsup:

19. Interstatetime Feb 25, 2014

Wow, most excellent. Thanks for the fantastic pix.

JohnCote

Dablitzer likes this.
  20. Dablitzer Feb 25, 2014

Thanks John, coming from you that means a lot! I've been meaning to ask... The camera I use is an old Canon G10 i got of ebay for 60 smackers. Just wanted your advise on what camera will give me a good manual control, and have a good level of enchancement and clarity in low lighting conditons. I want a really good macro, and ability in UK weather, as most of the time it's cloudy..grey...etc..I am very new to using a decent camera and I was thinking of a move to DSLR. Not sure yet. If you had any advice could you drop me a note?

Best,
    Alex