Forums Latest Members

My vintage omega speedmaster stuck in belgium customs

1. jayrock26 Feb 19, 2016

Hey guys,

I am having an issue right now with customs overseas, currently my 145.012 is stuck in customs. It was sent for a repair/service to a member on this forum. He is very helpful and trying to reaolve the issue with me however it seems out of our control.

The post office who sent out the package claims they have no contact or control over customs and they require a proof of payment before they will release my watch. Not possible due to the fact its sent over for repair not sale. Any thoughts on how to resolve this

2. lillatroll Feb 19, 2016

Why not ask the person who repaired the watch to send you a bill that clearly states it has been repaired and how much it cost. I am sure customs will be happy with that. Another option is to try to contack the customs office and ask them to clarify the reason for it not being cleared and what documentation is needed. best to do it by email so that everything is written down/typed.

wsfarrell likes this.
  3. jayrock26 Feb 19, 2016

I went as far as paying the amount declared to the repairer so he could sent it to customs stating that it was a repair and has been paid for,

However the issue is the repairer hasnt even got the watch yet. Its on its way in not out

4. davidswiss Feb 19, 2016

That's very odd. So Belgian customs have stopped it going out of Belgium for repair ?
    Have you tried talking direct to the customs official involved ? It just seems like a case of misunderstanding.
    If they don't want to help ask them to post it back and find another way to get it to the repairer.
    Can only wish you good luck.

5. jayrock26 Feb 19, 2016

Sent from canada stuck in customs in belgium before it even got originally delivered.. Definately a misunderstanding im just not sure how to contact them. cost me an arm and a leg to ship it too

Ill see what i can do! Thanks

6. jayrock26 Feb 19, 2016

Ironically just got an email from the member im dealing with, he said its on its way now seems like my problems solved!

lillatroll and West Slope like this.