Forums Latest Members
  1. sticky beak Jan 31, 2019

For over 50 yrs now i have been a Rolex guy. From the Day Date down to the Air King.
    I was reading so much about the new Tudor GMT & the BB divers watch. So this past
    July two weeks apart i bought the divers Blue dial then the new GMT. I didn't
    have a problem with the thickness of the GMT or the rivets on the bracelet. Soon as
    i tried using the bezel. honestly it just felt cheap and flimsy. so i sent the watch back to the
    service centre in NY. after a month or so, the watch came back. I was told no this is the
    way it is suppose to work. I try and swim a mile every day in the local pool. i tried
    to turn the bezel in the pool. I am very serious. The bezel would not turn at all!!! in any direction!
    this happened several times.
    Then maybe ten minutes later i could get the bezel to turn. After my watch being home
    for a week the calendar was sticking between digits and skipping ahead a day or so.
    (i'm thinking this watch is falling apart) how embarrassing for Tudor. I see this as a Corp.
    rushing a product to Market (Basel World) it seemed like no real R&D went into the GMT
    or these problems wouldn't show up.
    Soon as the watch came back from the service centre i traded it along with another watch
    for a 2015 Rolex GMT II still under warranty. When the watch did come back from the service
    centre it started gaining time, so i said that does it. The time that i owned that watch, it spent
    more time in the shop then on my wrist. Now for no reason at all my BB divers is gaining lots
    of time. so it is on it's way to Dallas service centre.
    These are the facts, i'm not going to bad mouth a watch company, i'm not going to say anything
    cruel or hurtful to anybody that has just bought the Tudor. Just rotten luck with these two Tudors
    I bought. I just do not want to hurt someones feelings that has waited months for their new GMT.
    sticky beak in New Mexico

superfly likes this.
  2. stevec14 Feb 1, 2019

You have had an unfortunate experience. The date wheel issue on the gmt has been brought up plenty of times. The movement running fast less so. I’ve owned plenty of tudors and in general in find the in house movements to be more accurate than Rolex. I’d also opine that the black bay diver bezel is as nice to use as its submariner counterpart.

However, I had a gmt also and also sold it. Mine had the date wheel issue also but was repaired by RSC in 10 days. The bezel action did feel a bit cheap but to get that watch to market at that price point there would need to be some compromises. Ultimately, I felt the watch as a gmt did not compare to my 16710 so purchased it back.

Of the black bays, I much prefer the diver - not least because I feel the chunkiness suits the dive watch better.

As above you have had a bad experience, but Tudor make a great watch for the money so don’t let that stop you getting another one in the future.