Forums Latest Members
  1. 4236 Apr 6, 2016

I like them all and change my watch daily :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alam, sgtpry and jens0125 like this.
  2. dx009 Apr 6, 2016

Beautiful flagship. Could never wrap my head against sports/chrono Longines honestly... I'm used to their vintage dress watches more...

lezlangdon likes this.
  3. Humptymarsbar Apr 6, 2016

I've got that hydro, super watch upto now.
    Would like a vintage and been close on the OF sales so fingers crossed.
    The hump

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 6, 2016

Wow Longines executes the snowflake hour hand so much better then Tudor.

5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Apr 11, 2016

Matter of taste IMHO.
    Even though Longines is by far my favorite watch brand I prefer the original snowflake hand -- which Tudor designed for the French navy because the French military found the mercedes hands on the classic Rolex/ Tudor submariner design were too flimsy and not visible enough under water.
    Even though those Longines hands bear some similarity with the square ends of the Tudor "snowflake", the name was coined for that specific Tudor design, made for the French military.

Best regards,
    Sylvie

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. Humptymarsbar Apr 12, 2016

I agree, even though I've got a hydroconquest I don't think the snow flake is anything as good as a tudor!
    Poor man's perhaps? Lol:whistling:
    Tin hat on.

7. ossfm Apr 13, 2016

That is a great collection you have there! I'd be very happy with that too. You've got all the bases covered: dive, chrono, dress. They all have dates, which I need every day. I was thinking the other day that every watch could be a tool watch; the tool tells me the time and the date. very essential tool for me.

I'm curious. Do you pick the one to wear for the day and then hand wind the other 2 to keep them running? I'm doing that now. I have dive, dress and sport too. It seems better to me to keep them running rather then reset the time and date every time it is worn. That seems like a little too much wear on the movement. Then again, I like to baby my possessions as much as possible (computer, car, watch, TV, etc).

8. 4236 Apr 13, 2016

I have a watch winder for two watches. It is very handy, i can pick up the watch i want, and it is always in the right time and date.

9. relaxer7 Apr 13, 2016

Love the chrono... What's the model?

10. 4236 Apr 14, 2016

The ref: of my Longines Hydroconquest chrono is L36964036

11. relaxer7 Apr 14, 2016

Don't know much about Longines - must keep an eye out for for now :) thanks!