Forums Latest Members
  1. kidamazo May 8, 2014

So around 18 years ago my dad gave me my grandfather's watch, a Hamilton on the original Speidel band. A real beauty. I brought it to a watch shop and the watchmaker found his own mark on it from when he must have repaired it for my grandfather sometime in the 1960s. It is a wonderful legacy and a bite of the watch bug that has been a part of me since.

About ten years ago I decided I wanted a new watch but I had limited funds, so I settled on a Victorinox. It is a nice enough watch, but it never really satisfied the itch. Then in January of this year my father died and I received some money for a book I am writing, so I decided I would buy a "real" watch, whatever that means. I knew my dad would approve, but I was still not able to afford much over 1000.00. I was worried there wouldn't one I would fall in love with at this price.

I eventually found my way here, and have spent a few months pestering you, knowing I would never be 100% satisfied, but wanting to take the plunge. I finally settled on an Omega 3510.50. I know this is a controversial watch. Some see it a wannabee Professional, etc. But it spoke to me in price, size, and that it’s reminiscent of the moon watch.

Thanks to Kringkily, I found one that was a good deal, with case, cards, and manual. I received it today, took it to my watch shop to get a leather band and here it is:

IMG_20140508_134529.jpg

Thanks to everyone who was so patient with my questions!
    And now I am in the market for a Constellation...
    Peter

Varasc, Mothra, AuBuyer and 2 others like this.
  2. Hijak May 8, 2014

Congratulations Peter, very nice! But you have wandered out onto a slippery slope my friend.::popcorn::

kidamazo likes this.
  3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 8, 2014

Congrats!

And good call on the strap - lookin' good.

4. ulackfocus May 8, 2014

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that watch. It's a great size and a solid movement. :thumbsup:

Get started building your war chest. Nice pie pans are going through the roof lately.

5. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead May 8, 2014

If its the reduced moonwatch i had one of these new in 2002, i loved it to bits but it was a friday afternoon watch and omega swapped it for a different model. No disrespect to the moonwatch but this size was my favourite.

6. kidamazo May 8, 2014

This is the Automatic (3510.50). I don't think it is considered a moonwatch at all. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

7. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead May 8, 2014

They are sometimes referred to as a reduced moonwatch but in reality its only the styling. Heres a couple of photos from the 2002 brochure. Note how the description states saphire crystal when that year they were heselaite like the moonwatch.[​IMG][​IMG]

8. kidamazo May 8, 2014

Cool! Thanks for posting this.