Forums Latest Members

My Seiko Japanese Domestic Market Seiko Chronos collection

1. georgeszaslavsky Jul 18, 2021

Good Afternoon Everyone

Hope you are all doing fine. Here are pics of my Seiko Japanese Domestic Market Chronos Collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a nice day

Best regards and stay safe

Georges

2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jul 18, 2021

Very nice collection, I have several Seiko and a few have come and gone, but never one of their Chrono’s, I guess you like them.

georgeszaslavsky likes this.
  3. georgeszaslavsky Jul 18, 2021

I am addicted to them.

Mediocre and Walrus like this.
  4. Walrus Jul 18, 2021

Hey that’s really cool it’s neat when people find like a special niche to collect. Perhaps you could assist me. I got a KS from someone earlier this year. They said it may be a JDM. Now he wasn’t playing games trying to jack up the price cause he only wanted 300 usd for it which I thought was more than fair. How do I tell if it really is JDM. It’s not a big deal to me I love the watch regardless I’d just like to know for my own knowledge. I’ll post a pick but I’m losing daylight. That is a way cool collection u have.
    image.jpg image.jpg

georgeszaslavsky and Mediocre like this.
  5. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jul 18, 2021

I’m speculating somewhat but I would guess all KS are JDM, I don’t think they were sold in any other markets outside of Japan.

6. Walrus Jul 18, 2021

The only thing that makes me question that is the seller said it “maybe JDM” but you could very well be right. Both he and I really like seiko but our knowledge on them is not up to snuff. I think I did try to google to determine but fell short and I just had the darn thing serviced but forgot to ask my watchmaker as he was hectic trying to get everything out for his three week vacation. I’m pretty sure the tell take sign is on the movement but frig my memory really has holes that’s why I’m so fascinated by all the omega knowledge people can spout off the top of their heads. I can remember some diagnosis codes and what not but my memory has a lot of holes in it.

7. Mediocre Jul 18, 2021

Nice looking chrono collection!! Are the two on the top left the same model? Just curious, nice collection either way

8. georgeszaslavsky Jul 19, 2021

Maybe this will help http://www.kingseiko.info/index.html

9. georgeszaslavsky Jul 19, 2021

Yes they are both the SAEK015, the Ananta Brightz 130th Anniversary limited edition with an urushi dial. Mine were both new old stock never worn examples.700 examples made and sold worldwide back then.

Mediocre likes this.
  10. Walrus Jul 19, 2021

Ah thank you sir I did a lot of google but did not find many of the links you posted. Perhaps the Japan J on the back is enough evidence but I’ll will dig deeper.

I like what you did with you collection though as the JDM are a little more appreciated by collectors. To me it’s not a deal breaker as I just really like seikos in general but I can see why a seiko collector would seek JDM. Thanks again for the links very cool.

11. mountainunder Jul 19, 2021

There is also this review of the same watch as your King Seiko
    https://www.watchprosite.com/seiko/my-1973-king-seiko-5626-7041/876.914458.6287703/

There are many web sites that explain about King Seiko in Japanese...

12. Walrus Jul 19, 2021

Someone else here picked up a Brightz. I didn’t even know they existed until a poster here showed one. What a nice piece that is. I’d love to get a Brightz one day just for that unique/ historical aspect but TBH I see so few around I’m not holding my breathe

georgeszaslavsky likes this.