Forums Latest Members
  1. Danny T Aug 1, 2014

I am still stoked and still have the major butterflies days after picking this up. I didn't imagine I would actually go through with it but I did. Walked into the local AD last Sunday and after I saw it...BAM...It was love at first sight when I saw it in reality, and then said to myself..."Dam, shouldn't have come in here" LOL. I have lusted at the pics online but in person that was it.

I'm still picking up my jaw from the floor. :-s

Here it is in all it's beauty.....enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dogmann, alam, DanOmega and 2 others like this.
  2. ctime3 Aug 2, 2014

Nice pick up. I tried one on too. Cool vintage feel and look to it

3. repoman Aug 2, 2014

Congrats, and nice reveal, you had me guessing..... and your photos are excellent - can you tell me what camera was used for these?

4. Marx34 Aug 2, 2014

Hi. Nice watch mate. I'm looking for my second omega also. I have a seamaster diver chrono which I wear every day and is in need of a refurb. Can't decide what to go for either a planet ocean or a speedy ?

5. Danny T Aug 2, 2014

Nothing exotic for sure. Just a Sony nex-5n and the Sony e-mount 30mm macro lens. I do use a light studio light kit I bought from cowboy studios which makes all the diff in the world on getting those great shots. It's all about lighting.

Also I shot in full maual mode and set the ISO at 200

6. Danny T Aug 2, 2014

Thx. The new speedy is def different which is what I love about it. There are some phenomenal details in the new speedy that IMO make it special. The anodized orange chapter ring, the tachy scale being lumed underneath, the superb grey dial with bright orange accents give it just the right amount of pop and the bracelet is just too cool. Not to mention the sweet ratcheting clasp.

It's also got the new 8300 movt and the quick date change button at 10 o'clock to make setting the date so much more convenient.

It's awesomeness all around.

7. M.D. Aug 2, 2014

Everyone needs a Speedy IMHO.

8. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 2, 2014

Great purchase. Enjoy.

9. ctime3 Aug 2, 2014

same here I have a speedy pro and the anti mag aqua terra not sure about a third. I really like the aqua terra captains watch master co axial but it's the same but I am in this anti mag obsession now

10. speedbird Aug 2, 2014

Looks sooo nice. Love that orange!

Danny T likes this.
  11. panamavin Aug 4, 2014

Great reveal and pick up. And the camera work really makes it. Congrats!

Danny T likes this.
  12. panamavin Aug 4, 2014

Allow me to interrupt this great pick up and push you over the cliff. Pull the trigger already. And tag you owe pictures. Now back to the post :p

13. ctime3 Aug 4, 2014

True true I know I have been a tad annoying. But just wanted some opinions. I will show pics When I get it

14. panamavin Aug 4, 2014

Annoying heck no. We are a special breed wear that badge with pride.... And get that watch so I'm not the only one with an empty wallet!

Danny T likes this.
  15. ctime3 Aug 4, 2014

Good thanks. Let's just say I shot first and asked questions later and I did not want to do that again. If the wife finds out I will say, "Hey it's Panamavin's fault not mine."

16. panamavin Aug 4, 2014

Deal... And you never know I may take it off your hands later! Hey what are friends for????!!!!

17. alam Aug 4, 2014

Danny T, congrats! That's definitely a very photogenic watch! Im afraid to visit an AD and see it in the flesh and on my wrist as I probably follow your suit! :)

Danny T likes this.
  18. Danny T Aug 4, 2014

Haha guys I tell you, this was so unexpected and was an impulse buy so Panamavin, I just jumped off that cliff full force like you said lol

19. panamavin Aug 4, 2014

Happens to the best of us. I had the same thing happen to me when I got my Aqua Terra. Saw it and it has been on my list so I pulled and made room for it. We know what we like and as much as we try to tempt the urge it happens. And dannyt two thumbs up for the camera work. I kinda liked that piece but wasn't sure. After seeing your pics they look better than stock photos. :)

20. Danny T Aug 4, 2014

Thanks I appreciate it. The stock photos do this watch no justice. In person it truly is jaw dropping hot. I am getting a couple custom straps made for it and if they turn out the way I envision them it will look explosive! Stay tuned for those !