Forums Latest Members

My Seamaster has lost its luminescence on 4 positions ??

1. dogrose Jun 28, 2017

Hi I'm new to this site & would like some advise please.
    My Seamaster has just come back from the Jewellers after its second warranty repair incurred after a service (not happy).
    And now I have noticed that the luminescence has gone from the 2,3,6 & 9
    Has anyone seen or heard of this before?
    I will be taking the watch back ASAP the more info the better please.
    Cheers

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 28, 2017

Pictures help.

3. dogrose Jun 28, 2017

Photo attached
    Cheers

watch.jpg
  4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 28, 2017

This would not be normal.

Was the service performed with an authorized Omega agent or at least someone with Omega experience?

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. sjg22 Jun 28, 2017

Yikes - absolutely not kosher.

Would love to know how this happened and also how the jeweller in question thought they'd get away with this upon its return.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 28, 2017

Good news is a new dial is identical

7. dogrose Jun 29, 2017

The Jeweller in question is a high end one selling / servicing Omega, Rolex etc.
    If I don't get the right response today you will get to know exactly who they are.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 29, 2017

Is that a 25945200? I've serviced plenty of Omegas with dials that have filled markers like this (including several examples of this model), and never had lume come out like this.

It's very unusual for this to happen, and even more unusual for them to give you the watch back and not say anything about it. Very old lume can be quite fragile and sometimes it can fall off (inside the watch or during service) but this is pretty extreme on a newer watch.

I would expect nothing less than then installing a new dial for you at no charge...can you also show what parts they returned to you?

Cheers, Al

9. cwindham Jun 29, 2017

Your paragraph about the "JEWELER" you took it to had me cringing.... It doesnt matter that the jeweler does HIGH END watches or not, most claim they can for the money a service brings in. JEWELERS should stick to jewels, not watches. I have never met a decent watchmaker that is a jeweler and vice versa.

10. dogrose Jun 29, 2017

Thanks for your comments Al. I totally agree pictures of the parts changed to follow.
    The plot thickens they want to charge me for a new dial now at a discounted rate of £150.00 as a good will gesture. I have only had the watch on for 3 months of the past 10 !!!!!!!!!
    Needless to say that wont be happening as I have an email from when it first went in for a service saying everything is fine with thee face / dial "and with now damage"
    The manager is calling me tomorrow.

11. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 29, 2017

If you have paid for the work with a credit card you may have recourse through your cc company.

12. dogrose Jun 29, 2017

Good Plan but the old favourite was used CASH

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 29, 2017

Does this store do the work themselves with a watchmaker on staff, or do they send it out?

Very few retail jewelers tend to have watchmakers on staff these days, so often they will send the work to a local trade watchmaker who offers the best price. They then mark up what they pay by 100% and make significant money doing this, with little risk to themselves (it's the watchmaker who has to fix anything that goes wrong).

So are you implying in a previous post that they have had this watch for 10 months? Has it gone back and forth due to problems? If it is the 25945200 is has the F. Piguet based chronograph, and from what the trainer at Omega tells me this movement is one that often people just send in as they are not comfortable working on it. I personally don't have issues with these, but you do have to be careful as there are many screws that can be put in the wrong places and cause problems.

Not sure how old the watch is, but there are also many upgrades to the movement that need to be looked at to make sure they have been done - again if this is the watch I think it is.

Cheers, Al

14. dogrose Jun 29, 2017

I'm lead to believe they have an in house Omega trained watch maker ?
    It came back after the service then went back in due to it loosing time and not being able to set the date as every time you wind the crown in the date changed..
    It then came back to me and then went back due to the same thing happening with the crown but on the date & time.
    So 7 months in total on a bench.

Have you any points or things that need to be checked when I talk to the manager tomorrow please?
    I will be asking for a replacement dial FOC but I just need some extra points to get across.

Cheers

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 29, 2017

Please post photos of the parts returned...

16. dogrose Jun 29, 2017

Al these are the parts that returned to me.
    I purchased the watch in 2006
    IMG_2485.JPG

17. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 29, 2017

Is this the first service since new?

18. dogrose Jun 29, 2017

Yes it was.
    I know it should of been done before.

19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 29, 2017

Well, the last upgrades to this movement were implemented in 2008. So if this was new in 2006, it would not have had all the upgrades done to it at the time it was sold. I would expect to see other parts changed that were part of the upgrades, as these are supposed to be done when the watch comes in for service.

If these guys are certified by Omega (have access to parts directly from Omega) they should know this...

Cheers, Al

20. dogrose Jun 29, 2017

Yes it was new in 2006 & they where the first to open it.
    Do you think I should push for these up grades?

Thanks for your advise