Forums Latest Members
  1. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Sep 28, 2014

With so much demand for constellations out there, I am afraid if Omega will bring the constellations Deluxe and Grand Luxe models back as it did will bull head models.

Being rare is what makes this hobby interesting to me. Hope they dont.

Anyways if it ever happens, i am gonna get Rose Gold one with SILVER BOX :)

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 28, 2014

Don't worry, even if they do bring them back... the new version won't be vintage.

For a very long time.

3. Escargot Man, look at that S car go! Sep 28, 2014

Those may come sooner than we think. They also released the new SM300 Master coaxial as a successor to the vintage SM300. The beginning of a trend?

4. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Sep 28, 2014

Only time will well... I would guess so !.

Good thing is i can get it for a right price ...

5. silviogo Sep 28, 2014

As you mentioned, it's only your perspective, even if omega will introduce the deluxe the 98% of people seeing yours (including me) will never recognized the old one from the new one. Quite similar to what happen with speedy...98% didn't notice the difference between automatic or manual, '70 speedy or 2014..they all are the same speedmaster for most of people

6. JM251 Sep 28, 2014

If they do it will cost a mint. I'd guess 20-25k

7. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Sep 28, 2014

New omegas are in easy access for me ... I have a very good relation with my AD.. I can get a better deal on new ones than a Antique ;)

8. Dogmann Sep 28, 2014

Hi Sumerian,

It does look like Omega is indeed looking to its past and bringing out updated models based on what are now vintage models as besides the Bullhead and SM300 their are also the new MK2 Speedmasters how much further they can or will go with this no one really knows at this time. But it really isn't anything new that we haven't seen some manufacturers do already and some with more success than others JLC and Tudor spring to mind as two of the most active in doing this. I really don't think these new releases based on older models really do the vintage models any harm at all as they just raise awareness of them and the true vintage models will always be more popular with some collectors plus there are only limited supplies of them. Whilst others would never dream of buying vintage but will love and buy the new versions with the newer tech in them but still retaining the style of the vintage models there are some like me who may be happy to mix both its all good IMO as it enables more people to buy what they like and want.

Marc

9. Dedalus Sep 29, 2014

I agree with the comments above. Re-issues/homages to vintage classics don't make the originals any less rare. I don't know whether models such as the Ploprof 1200 have impacted the market for the originals. I don't see that prices have shifted much, if at all. New and old will always appeal to different buyers.

10. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 29, 2014

Omega WAS TRYING to resurrect the pie pan deluxe model last year. Unfortunately due to its halfheartedly effort, the result is mediocre at best.
    [​IMG]
    Your nightmare is still in long distance............