Forums Latest Members
  1. Blueox4 Jan 31, 2015

My father had this watch for as long as I remember. I kinda remember my mom saying a long time ago that she got the dial redone but again not sure 100%. It's a cherished memory of my Dad. I took it out the other day after years of sitting in my safe and decided to look for a band for it and realized I don't know how to set this watch or if they have a quick set feature or if you have to wind it? I have been saving this watch but now want to wear it a bit. I looked on the de website but couldn't find out what specific model this is. Is there anywhere that services these and what's a nice band for a watch like this? Thank you as I don't know a lot about these.

image.jpg
  2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 31, 2015

A little information for you here - http://polerouter.de/index-english.htm

Total novice on the UG but I suspect the date is set by winding to twelve and then back to nine and repeating 'till you have reached the correct date.

Band is always a matter of choice, a look through images on this site will give you an idea as to appearance.

3. Hijak Jan 31, 2015

If its sat for a while it most likely needs a service as well, very nice watch, love these steel with black dial Polerouters!:thumbsup:

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 31, 2015

Lume dots on dial are definitely redone. Rest of dial might be original. Can't tell, picture is blurry.

Looks nice. Probably can use a service.
    gatorcpa

5. Jacquot Jan 31, 2015

I would definitely service the watch and wear it. Great watch, with lots of history.

6. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jan 31, 2015

The whole dial looks like it has been redone:
    - the dial should definitely say Polerouter Date since it has the date function
    - in all four lines of text, the print of the letters is uneven
    - it should say Swiss or Swiss T at 6 above the lume
    - the applied logo looks off. It almost looks like whoever did the redial tried to paint on an insignia then decided to apply the logo on top of it.
    - like gatorcpa said, the lume has been redone as well.

Having said all of this, it's still a very cool watch, and you should enjoy it. The memories of your dad the watch holds completely outweigh its cosmetic imperfections. Depending on when the watch is from, it should have either the 138C or one of the 215 calibers, and it does indeed have a quick set date function like Alpha mentions. I probably wouldn't recommend using that function though because of the age of the watch. Here's mine (later version with caliber 218-2) for comparison:
    20150131_183255.jpg

Spike likes this.
  7. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jan 31, 2015

Any decent watchmaker should be able to service these movements. I really like the suede strap (Jean Paul Menicucci) I have on mine, and forum member woodwkr2 sells really great Horween Shell Cordovan straps.

8. Wilddyan Feb 1, 2015

Great watch, have always been jealous of people inheriting great watches because of the sentimental value they hold.

I would suggest a nice black italian leather strap, like type sold onBulang and Sons