Forums Latest Members

My Planet Ocean hour adjustment isn’t clicking anymore / sticks?

1. infernouk Jan 5, 2019

hey guys

I got my planet ocean in 2012 and yesterday when adjusting the hour, I noticed it doesn’t click to each hour when I turn the dial, it simply moves freely, seems the date isn’t accurately connected to the hour hand either as it changed at 9pm. It’s also hit 11pm and bounced back to 10pm and can’t get past the 11.

Issue is I’m short of money post Xmas and can’t afford a £500+ repair bill on this, am I out of luck here? Anyone else has a similar issue? It otherwise runs ok and keeps time ok but has these odd glitches

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 5, 2019

Hour wheel has failed. Not uncommon and Omega will fix it when they perform a full service. If it hasn’t been serviced since 2012 it’s due for one anyway...

Cheers, Al

Huus likes this.
  3. infernouk Jan 5, 2019

Ah ok good to know it’s well known, can I continue to just use the hour and minute setting to operate the watch and ignore the hour skipping setting? Seems to work? As mentioned I don’t have the cash for a full service just yet

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 5, 2019

Eventually it will fail to drive the hands at all past a certain point, usually around the 10 pm time frame...so start saving for the service now...

5. infernouk Jan 5, 2019

Ok thanks will do and I’ll keep an eye out, do I just need to take it to a retailer that sells omega to send for service? I haven’t done so before

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 5, 2019

Sure or lookup service centres on the Omega web site if you want to send it in directly.