Forums Latest Members

My Personal Plan for Moonshine Gold Speedmaster

1. pongster Sep 10, 2019

Unfortunately, i lucked out in getting one from my local AD. Still on waitlist in some foreign ADs.

I dont know how LEs perform through the years.

Am thinking, i really want this for my 45th birthday (so in 2021).

Could i still reasonably expect to find one NOS speciment in 2 to 3 years? Maybe prices would rationalize by then as well.

Essentially, am just expressing my disappointment thru this post. There are specimens readily available now but at a premium (which i dont want to pay).

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 10, 2019

BNIB LEs always seem to be around in the secondary market for many years after initial release.

3. Omega-Q Sep 10, 2019

Unfortunately, I do not think you will see the price go down for that particular piece. Due to its super limited availability, I think it will still hold its value years from now. As for the Stainless version, I think that the hype will eventually die down...

Of course this is all just speculation...who really knows?

4. jzra Sep 10, 2019

I have the same opinion about prices for solid gold and SS versions.

But I would like to be wrong since in 2021 will be my 45th birthday too..

5. pongster Sep 10, 2019

So you will be my competition in 2021? :)

I know both of you may be right re prices.

Was wishful thinkin on my part that if i manifest it, it might come true and i will get one at retail when i want one.

6. snarkq Sep 11, 2019

Precious metal don't seem to hold value fairly well. Personally I don't think it will hold its value. It will be good to stay even. There were 2000 made as well which is quite a few for precious metal. Time will tell.

7. apbb2 Sep 11, 2019

Love mine. The heavy weight compared to stainless is really nice. Not to mention it is a good looking watch.

0832D656-295A-4DFB-B682-C4DA7E62CF55.jpeg
    rominvicta, hansmaulwurf, Pun and 4 others like this.
  8. pongster Sep 11, 2019

^ making me drool

9. sgrossma Sep 11, 2019

I'm still waiting to hear in the US. There seems to be little premium at this point (when tax is considered) on those being posted lately. The lowest asking prices I've seen is 39-40k USD, meaning a 2-4k premium based on asking prices.

I have no idea how many have been delivered at this point, but not many in the US. My guess is that prices will ultimately hover in the lower to mid 30s for some time as I think most people are buying for keeps and they won't be continuously flipped at this price point.

snarkq likes this.
  10. jzra Sep 11, 2019

I hope so...:) and hoping you are right.