Forums Latest Members
  1. philo Apr 24, 2015

It's more a gathering than a collection. I collect buy chance not by hunting down particular models and I'm not bound to Omega only. Some have found their way to me and most probably it will get some more with the coming years.

Heavily worn case and a horrible touched up dail but I got it in a house clearance sale included in a bundle deal for nearly nothing. It's running again and from what I have read it was build in 1914-1915, cal. 19 LOB15B.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if this F300Hz was mixed up out of left over parts, because I haven't seen another one just like it, yet. Unfortunately, cal. 1260 is buzzing and vibrating all the time. It seems to have more serous problems than lubrication. Bought it as 'not working'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seamaster Ref. 196.0125, cal. 1342
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have no clue about the blue stuff. It looks like been painted with a biro but I can't imagine anyone painting a close to mint Seamaster and there is no blue paint to be found in the box. What ever it is, it sustains nail-cleaner ::confused2::
    [​IMG]

Constellation ref. 1333. I really like the dial's color changing with the light from nearly silver to almost dark brown.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the other sides have issues. How can someone cause such scratches - a service attempt with a can opener?:taunt: I'm still not sure if I should get the scratches polished or leave them. Both times they run straight over an edge.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

De Ville ref. 196.0206, cal. 1332, with .001 "silvered" dial. The strap is not original and not made by Omega but period correct and as close to the original appearance as I was able to find one, yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Geneve ref. 166.0163, cal. 1012. This was my first Omega. It belonged to my grandfather before. The strap isn't original and not made by Omega but I like period correct ones more than new ones.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The crown maybe got exchanged at one point, I don't know it for sure but it appears that way.
    [​IMG]

Geneve ref. 511.0346, cal. 485. Grandma's watch, as far as I know it's the correct Omega strap and crown to this model.
    [​IMG]

The glas is quite scratched and two small pieces of cloth are inside - I'll see to it when I'm through with the Cosmic 2000 (other topic).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greetings
    Phil

Mad Dog and nickw like this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 24, 2015

Welcome Phil!

Some of those puppies are in excellent condition, very nice!

Don't forget to set an avatar.. ;)

3. nickw Apr 26, 2015

I haven't taken the plunge into quartz but I really like the 1333. Thanks for sharing some great quality photos.

4. robocaspar Apr 27, 2015

Looks like blue polishing paste on the case back possibly