Forums Latest Members
  1. melba Feb 10, 2016

I have been told that all these watches are quite rare and their condition is really excellent and I would be very happy to hear opinions on them, to be instructed as to their lineage and features. Welcome any opinions. Thank you.

Reloj Constellation Stainless Steel Dial and bracelet.JPG Omega Tresor Complete.jpg Gold Omega Semi Closeup.jpg
    Edited by a mod Feb 12, 2016
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 10, 2016

Does this look like an attempt to get around the sales policy?

Edited Feb 11, 2016
    mozartman and nickw like this.
  3. Pvt-Public Feb 10, 2016

eBay sold items, look for some similar watches, you'll get a rough idea.

4. cristos71 Feb 10, 2016

It might be a good idea to change your post title to something else, I opened it hoping to see some, " Very Rare Omega Watches in Excellent Condition "

Your watches are not very rare, actually they are not rare at all, just normal production models. Nothing wrong with that of course but don't get your hopes up thinking they are going to be worth a fortune as these references together with their general condition does not make them particularly sought after.

JohnSteed likes this.
  5. mozartman ♫♭♬ ♪ Feb 10, 2016

Melba -- i hope you're not planning on asking another 196 questions about those watches! :coffee:

6. Pvt-Public Feb 10, 2016

Was the re-lume on the black dial done with a putty knife?

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 10, 2016

You're thinking too small; looks more like a brick trowel.

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 10, 2016

Here's my quick assessment:

1. The day-date Constellation is a nice one and values on these has been rising as some the earlier Constellations have been priced out of the beginning collectors' budgets. I recently purchased an almost identical watch to that one for very little (<$300), but it needed service.

2. The black dialed example looks to have been redialed and relumed. Not a great quality job either. The "Tresor" models are all 18K gold watches, so yours is not a Tresor. Probably doesn't have a whole lot of value as is.

3. The Seamaster DeVille is a rather unusual version of the line. The bracelet is likely worth melt value if not Omega branded. Values on the watch may be found on eBay completed auctions.

4. The Megaquartz has a limited market of collectors, again eBay is best for finding value.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

9. wsfarrell Feb 10, 2016

I got 99 questions, but a watch ain't one.

10. melba Feb 12, 2016

Thanks for actually helping instead of just showing off your wit! I will follow your advice.

Ravineman, Jwit, ATWG and 3 others like this.
  11. melba Feb 12, 2016

Thanks for your valuable opinion, I brought them to an omega shop and that is what I was told. I guess they don't always know so much. I never thought of a fortune, just looking for a reasonable asking price without giving them away.

12. melba Feb 12, 2016

The bracelet of the gold Seamaster De Ville has the Omega stamp embossed on the buckle. Gold Omega Logo closeup clip.jpg

13. melba Feb 12, 2016

Thanks, I will see if I can manage to do it, not very adroit at forums, it is the first watch forum I have ever joined.

JohnSteed likes this.
  14. melba Feb 12, 2016

thanks!

15. melba Feb 12, 2016

I was told at the local Omega shop that it had probably spread out to the sides over time, that is why I posted a close up picture and sell it as is.

16. melba Feb 12, 2016

It is amazing how many sarcastic and derogatory, useless comments I have got in so little time. I have no idea as to the Sales Policy since I am new to watch forums and was in a hurry to post the questions as to expert's idea of value, before leaving for work so I could then properly advertise them and sell them. It would have been nice if you had alerted me and advised me on these policies instead of assuming I was trying to avoid them.

17. melba Feb 12, 2016

I put Tresor because that is what I was told at the Omega shop. Do you have any idea of the correct model name? They had a huge book and the Tresor was identical to this one, but a jeweler once told my husband it was gold filled. So not quite sure about either facts now.

18. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Feb 12, 2016

Fair comment Melba and I can understand your irritation. Please understand we get numerous posters here (and I'm not including you in this) who just want to 'take' from the forums. They frequently have no interest in being polite or in some cases even honest. And having such people 'take' without giving back so many times leads to me becoming irritated with questions like yours. You were decent enough to say thank you for the info you received, many others are not.
    As already said the best way to find the financial value of pretty much any object is to take good photos (natural light is a huge help here) and honest descriptions and put them for sale on eBay in a no reserve auction.

Jwit, davidswiss, Spacefruit and 2 others like this.
  19. melba Feb 12, 2016

Thanks, I am sorry I vented, but it was so frustrating! I joined the forum because of the recommendation of an Omega store manager who told me that in some forums collectors know more than they do at the store. He didn't actually suggest a specific forum, I googled them and selected this one. I work about 10 hours a day and have a disabled spouse and that gives me very little time. Don't mean this as a sob story, I am actually a very happy person, it is just that my time is very limited, so maybe it was unfair of me to throw all these questions and expect people to wish to help by advising me. I find Ebay very unreliable as it is difficult to tell replicas from original when the price is low and their place of origin is Asia and many in horrible condition. I have sold some there very well but they have been easier to price as they were not so old. I just wanted collector's opinions as to what is a reasonable price, since I am not in such a hurry to sell them, prefer to wait and sell them at a fair price rather than rush into giving them away. That is why I was hoping for fair market value,so then I could make the decision on how much to discount them to make them attractive when I did sell them. I still hope some forum member will be able to give me some informed honest idea of their value. Thanks for sympathizing with my frustration, I appreciate it.

OSP and shaun hk like this.
  20. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 12, 2016

Hi Melba

you'll have to forgive the members -as someone said, we often see 'takers' who are just selling off what they have bought/found/inherited to make a fast buck
    and they all too often make over blown claims such as 'rare' when they are not -hence some of the barbed comments

the sales rules are there to try and reduce the scammers -you have to hang around and contribute to the forum for whir first - the idea being that the sales forums here are a fairly safe place to buy

"an Omega store manager who told me that in some forums collectors know more than they do at the store"

never truer than this forum -the guys (and gals) here have incredible collective knowledge about a wide range of vintage Omegas

if I might ask -how do you know your Seamaster is early 70s?
    the only one I've found like it says it '66 with a cal 562 movt
    it's SS and for sale for 700euros -but please bear in mind that is retail
    Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 15.59.01.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 16.02.31.png

your De Ville is in great condition - it's never going to pay for your retirement but it definitely will appeal to some collectors
    Try taking a full length picture of the De Ville and bracelet -and a clear picture of the hall mark on the back of the buckle and post them here
    -its unusual to have an 18k bracelet on a 14k watch
    and whilst it is an intricate bracelet it's a bit bling for most tastes - but you never know -as an Omega 18k gold bracelet it does have much more value than scrap gold value
    take pictures of the rear of the watch and the crown (side view) -and any hallmarks on the watch case too
    all these things help (a lot)

Ebay is still the best place to search for values as it tends to reflect the market rate
    but make sure you look at completed sales prices not 'for sale' prices as a lot of asking prices are way too much

hope that helps - best of luck

Philip

melba likes this.