Forums Latest Members

My Omega Seamaster Professional Bezel is stuck

1. sdhuper Nov 19, 2011

Hi there, My Seamaster's Bezel is stuck, I've had the Omega for 3 years and damn it's still looking good, when I'd bought the Omega the Bezel was working fine, I forget about it and never used it, but since of lately I was checking the latest Omega's and in it they were showing how to use the Bezel, and instantly I tried the Bezel on my Omega and it wouldn't turn, I guess after 3 years of dirt or sweat has got the Bezel well and truly stuck:( any advice from fellow Omega's how to get the Bezel turning again.
    Kind Regards
    S Dhuper.

2. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Nov 19, 2011

Welcome to the forum,

Whenever a bezel on one of my watches gets gummed up, I just wash it with warm water, applying gentle pressure to get the bezel moving. Spin it a few times under the water, and it should work fine after that! :thumbsup:

Chris

3. sdhuper Nov 20, 2011

Hi Chris, thanks for that when I washed it with warm water, and it did turn a bit reluctantly and I could see alot of dirt coming out, it's working fine now, how often should I turn the bezel to stop it gumming up again??? since I had my Omega I've never cleaned the metal strap, I can see alot of dirt in the links what's the best way to clean it? and the rest of the watch, thanks again

4. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Nov 20, 2011

No problem :thumbsup: A solution to both of your problems would be to take your watch in the shower with you - gives it a nice gentle clean with soap and water, and ensures it is rinsed thoroughly. Alternatively, give it a scrub with warm soapy water and a clean toothbrush, that's great for getting in a lot of the hard to reach places. If you really need to give your bracelet a thorough clean, then detach the head of the watch, and put the bracelet through an ultrasonic cleaner - a lot of jewellers have these, and may be willing to clean the bracelet on your behalf. However, ensure that the head of the watch doesn't go in as well as the vibrations can do serious damage to the movement. I do all of the above with my watches, showering on a regular basis, and toothbrush/ultrasonic once every few months. The added bonus of cleaning your watch regularly is that you can prolong the useful life of the bracelet. Dirt getting in between links can grind them down over periods of time, leading to the "stretch" effect - a loosening of the bracelet due to metal being worn away.

Hope this helps!

Chris