Forums Latest Members

My Omega Seamaster 300 W10 military watch

1. Micksue51 Jul 15, 2013

Hi there everyone,
    I have just joined this forum as I am addicted to watches and love collecting and looking after them.
    I have joined also because I would very much appreciate your advice and thoughts on one of my watches. I aquired a job lot of watches about a year ago and amongst them was a Seamaster that was very dirty. My wife did a wonderful job of cleaning it up and it is now in very nice condition. I had no idea that this appears to be a sought after watch until a couple of weeks ago when I decided to investigate what the markings on the back meant and I was very surprised with what I have read so far.
    The watch is an Omega Seamaster 300 military watch. It has it's original dial with the small Omega sign engraved in the centre of the glass, the dial appears original with the T in a circle and the dots in the 12 and 6 markers. The crown is a screw down one, the lugs however are not fixed and I have a silver mesh strap on it.
    The movement is signed, 24 jewels, marked 552 and the serial number begins with 24.
    Inside the watch back it is marked 165 024 Acier Staybrite and HF. The back of the watch case is marked W10/6645-99-923-7697 A/***/67.
    with this information can anyone advise me if this watch is real and if so how much is it worth. Of course I understand if this is not possible but i am so intrigued and would love to learn more.
    Many thanks in anticipation of your replies. I can supply photos if needed.
    Regards,
    Mick.

greenecollector likes this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 15, 2013

Picture tells a thousand words

3. ulackfocus Jul 15, 2013

Here's the maximum strength version of that: NO PICTURES = NO HELP. For all we know it could be a fake.

4. Micksue51 Jul 15, 2013

P1030430.JPG P1030429.JPG P1030431.JPG
    Mick.[/quote]

5. MyVintageOmega Jul 15, 2013

The # (quote) of W10/6645-99-923-7697 A/***/67.....on your case back seems to denote that of a large triangle dial. Yours does not have the large triangle. I am no expert but would guess that the dial is NOS and not factory original to your watch. The lume on your dial should match that of the hour and minute hands which seem original lume. The lume on the dial shows no patina that one would expect to find on a watch of this age. None the less I have seen these watches sell as is for between 1800US & 5500US. The highest price I have seen one sell for (factory original) was 9600US. I look forward to others to chime in as I may be off on my take of it. The price for these are steadily climbing. Keeper!

6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jul 16, 2013

Weird. The spring bars are not fixed. The case is not military and the bezel looks to be from a 166.024. I am thinking the case and bezel were later added while the movement and caseback were original? Someone else chime in?

7. marcello pisani Aug 5, 2013

maybe the dial is ok , but without a good picture of the back ... it's very hard to state anything ....
    maybe you could show hiding the last two digits of the delivery number.

8. marcello pisani Aug 6, 2013

also the shape of the lugs concerns me ....