Forums Latest Members
  1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Nov 14, 2016

It has been many years since I worked with leather. Last time was when my Son was in the cub scouts/boy scouts. I helped him with some of his leather projects. I purchased some leather and stitching chisels Now I need to make a leather pony vise to hold the work. I may even try to make a few watch straps. So far I am into this project a little over $150 and climbing I still need to purchase needles, thread, glue, etc. The worst I can do is mess up the leather items. Anyway it will keep me busy for awhile. All this BS started while on Eb@y I spotted a nice piece of leather for a good price and the project will soon be underway.

GuiltyBoomerang and Vitezi like this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 14, 2016

Of course you will be hunting your own leather :D

3. redpcar Nov 14, 2016

I spend a bunch of time at Goodwill and The Salvation Army stores in the purse section looking for nice leather. Also look in the old shoes/boots. Vintage baseball gloves have been a double edged sword. Very cool leather but a butt load of dirt and horse hair inside ;)

voere likes this.
  4. Greatpa Nov 14, 2016

Let's see some pictures of the undergoing.. Did some leather working myself some weeks ago :)
    upload_2016-11-14_14-52-50.png IMG_0330.JPG

GuiltyBoomerang, redpcar and voere like this.
  5. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Nov 14, 2016

That is not going to happen I normally just give the hides away or they go into the dumpster.

6. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Nov 14, 2016

Equine hide (Horse Butt) this is a strip just forward of the shell cordovan. I should be able to make a lot of small items from this strip 2.9 sq feet of chromexcel. I figure several watch straps, cell phone case maybe a wallet or two. The strip is long enough for a belt I will see how it works out Ambitious projects that will keep me busy in my spare time.

hc1.jpg hc.jpg
    Greatpa and Jwit like this.
  7. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Nov 14, 2016

Good cover. :D

redpcar and Jwit like this.