Forums Latest Members
  1. Hav6417 Aug 27, 2016

wanna know about this watch a little more, my first vintage, really need help. Is it authentic.

image.png image.png image.png image.png
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 27, 2016

Do you have any photos of the dial? I can tell you it looks like it has been polished to death. What has your research discovered?

3. mac_omega Aug 27, 2016

oh, shiny! :D

4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Aug 27, 2016

If you take it out in sunlight, you are going to blind someone

efauser likes this.
  5. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Aug 27, 2016

That's my kind of shiny :) Congratulations!

6. Steve1haggart Aug 27, 2016

Did it come with a pair of sunglasses?

7. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Aug 27, 2016

It's called NOS

8. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 27, 2016

Hi! I noticed that you originally posted about your watch here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/my-new-vintage.44721/

Now, you did post in the Modern Omegas sub-forum, and the members told you to come and post in here.

Those members can ALSO see this forum. In fact, every member can see every forum. So if you get some responses saying that "why are you posting this again" just smile sheepishly :p

In your other thread you posted a picture of a very refinished dial. I haven't seen jewels like that before...I tried to make the post into one but continued it in the next one.

Screenshot_20160828-100701.png

Edited Aug 27, 2016
  9. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 27, 2016

Seller description - note the use of the words 'original' and it being a 'perfect vintage collectible'

Screenshot_20160828-101004.png

Now, this is a nice looking watch. If you like it, wear it in good health. Most serious collectors would highlight the case being overpolished, the dial being redone, and @gatorcpa 's observstion that parts were all mixed up from donor watches. These things would detract from the value of the watch if you wished to sell it again later.

I think the tricky thing here is that you say that this is your first vintage watch, so I imagine that you have a modern watch or two and were fascinated by vintages. That's fine; just that in this case, your first vintage watch is a bit of a mess for most collectors, but perfectly fine on the wrist and a talking point amongst friends who admire your watch.

Just take it as part of the learning process - theres plenty of information on the forums to read up on and the private sales threads have plenty of watches being sold by members here.

Edited Aug 27, 2016
    Jwit and Hav6417 like this.
  10. Edward53 Aug 28, 2016

The answer to that question is No. Here in the UK you are entitled to return any non-auction purchase in the same condition as you bought it for within 14 days for a refund. If having an authentic watch matters to you, my choice would be to do that. If that is not possible in Canada, you have two options: 1. Call it tuition fees - which EVERYBODY on here has paid at some time - and stay on this forum, learn about vintage Omegas and eventually buy a really nice one. 2. Enjoy your watch for what it is and don't do any research, because what you find out will probably end up upsetting you.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but it's my version of the plain unvarnished truth.

Jwit and Hav6417 like this.
  11. Hav6417 Aug 28, 2016

Thank you for the insight, and the honest opinion. I needed to hear it that. You are deff right I own a few modern watches. But the old vintage classic look is a beautiful thing. Lesson well learned, and I will enjoy it regardless.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  12. Hav6417 Aug 28, 2016

Not harsh at all, thank you again.