Forums Latest Members
  1. ctpete Feb 12, 2016

I bought this watch on the Omega Forum last week. I am very happy with it. The reference number is 2589.30.00. Unfortunately when I search that reference number on the Omega site, I get no results. I always try to print out a data sheet from their website whenever I get an Omega so I have the info. I wonder why this one won't produce results??

Anyways, I love the look and size, the old sword hands and the all around symmetric styling.

SMchrono.JPG
    Andy K likes this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 12, 2016

That is a US only limited edition, so likey why there isn't any information on it.

3. Huus Feb 12, 2016

The Seamaster Professional 300 limited edition with the silver dial made for the American market. When you look on the dial it'll show 1000 feet only, not 300m/1000feet like other models. It indeed doesn't show up on the Omega website as it also doesn't for limited editions specifically made for other country's, for example Japan. I also always print out a data sheet myself for the same reason as you do.
    It's a great looking watch with an unusual colour dial for a Seamaster. Love the sword hand series. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy.
    Regards.

4. ctpete Feb 12, 2016

Thanks for the info Archer and Huus. I see from the card that came with it that it has the 3303 movement. According to Omega I need to set my winder for 600 clockwise TPD. But right now I am just wearing it and enjoying it. The seller indicated that it had recently been serviced and provided me with the service record - but of course it is written in Japanese. I will need to have a friend translate. In the few days I have had it it appears to be running properly - all function work as expected and it is running about 8 seconds a day slow. That's about a minute a week - I can live with that. The only thing I notice is that winding it requires more effort that my non-chrono watches. This being my first chronograph I don't know if that is normal.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 13, 2016

The Cal. 3303 should be a very smooth and easy winding movement, but of course when you wind a watch using the crown you are feeling the movement and the friction between the crown and the seals. If it is really stiff to wind, then the crown seals may need a little silicone grease applied to them.

Also, being a chronometer movement, daily average rate should be between -1 and +6 seconds per day to meet Omega specs, so this one is well outside that if it's running -8 spd...

Cheers, Al