Forums Latest Members

My new Omega Constellation chronometer - Loosing 6-8 seconds/day

1. Anil Apr 29, 2012

Good morning to all.

I am new to this forum and fan of Omega watch(Constellation chronometer). Recently I bought new Omega watch and it is great watch. But everyday it is loosing 6-8seconds on the wrist. I am wearing this daily but keeping stationary during nights.

Some of friends suggested to keep the watch in watch winder. I bought a new watch winder(Brookstone) and keeping during the watch during nights. But I still have the same problem. Is it normal to loose 6-8seconds/day. Do I need to adjust the time every week? Do I need to contact Omega for this? Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Also could you please suggest how many TPD(turns per day) required to run the watch with exact time? I do have options from 650TPD to 3000TPD. Which one is best?

Please let me know.

Regards
    Anil

Omega_Mens_Constellation.JPG

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 29, 2012

Is it loosing 6-8 seconds per day while on your wrist? What is the age of the watch?

3. Anil Apr 30, 2012

Yes. It is loosing 6-8seconds everyday while on my wrist. This is brand new watch and I purchased last month. But the watch made in the year 2005. I am wearing this watch last one month.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 30, 2012

Give it a few months to settle then have it regulated if still an issue, should be fine though, as long as its consistent, the watch is in good shape.

5. Anil Apr 30, 2012

Thank you for the update. I will wait couple of months. Also I set 650 TPD(turns per day) in my watch winder and keeping the watch during nights. Let me wait couple of months.