Forums Latest Members
  1. Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 29, 2013

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 29, 2013

The red Heuer and matching sub-dial accents/seconds hands looks good. I think my favourite model is the silver dial, followed closely by the black. Although, I bet the black looks nicer in person than what shows through in photos.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 30, 2013

Its beautiful David, I know they probably would never do it, but I'd love to see TAG Heuer go back to straight Heuer branding and truly embrace their history in that way.

4. Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 30, 2013

Thanks Gents- yes, they did a great job with this one.

I did ask them a couple of years ago why they didn't run two lines- TAG Heuer for the modern watches and Heuer for the heritage style models. The then-CEO reckoned that it would cost too much in advertising to support two brands, and that investing in growing Heuer would take away resources and budget from growing TAG Heuer in new markets like China.

Sadly, I'm sure he is right from a business perspective, even though from a collector perspective it would be great.

dc

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 30, 2013

The reason I suggest it is in places like Australia, TAG is sort of synonymous with the F1 series, quartz and ETA powered lower end pieces etc. They almost need to make a break with the recent history of TAG in the 90s and 2000s and dig back into the pedigree of the Heuer brand, to which the new Calibre 1969 is a worthy addition. I know what you mean though with two brands being difficult to maintain.

cicindela likes this.
  6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 30, 2013

Yes these early 90's Tags were hot for a while in the US for young hip types and now have a stigma from that time. I have a friend who can't give them away.
    Love the classics though .

7. cell1010 Dec 14, 2013

Hello,

I think TH is doing a great job at the moment, although I have not yet bought a watch from them. I think they are really respecting and cherishing the heritage of Heuer. The Monaco is a really an icon and still has its classic shape with lots of 70s DNA.

Also the solid gold Autavia from a few years ago is a hell of a watch. I think a new Autavia related to the 60s model where the whole Heuer thing started would be a great idea. But still with the Carrera and the Monaco they are doing quite well, at least in my opinion.

Maybe one day I'll buy a new watch. But I'm such a vintage nerd. We'll see what happens.

[​IMG]

Kind regards,
    Manuel