Forums Latest Members

My journey with the Omega 9300 by ZACK JI

1. jmussuto Mar 4, 2015

2. TheCaptainOfTech Mar 4, 2015

Really enjoyed reading your post I couldn't help but notice your avatar huge BMW fan myself (currently driving a 128i)

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 4, 2015

All three posts by the OP are new threads with just a link and nothing more, actually wondering what's going on and if its a real person :\

4. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Mar 4, 2015

Like your post, but this kind of story often produce a certain need . Expensiv new watches....

5. jmussuto Mar 5, 2015

Thanks you for us

6. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 5, 2015

I too am a huge BMW fan. I'm on my eleventh since 1986. Jack's avatar is a modern M-Car as shown by the large air intake under the trade mark kidney grill. FWIW: I've done a deal with Jack and he's an honorable man.

TheCaptainOfTech likes this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 5, 2015

Me too - big fan and driving a 128i at the moment. Well not driving it - it's parked for the winter...

My wife and I are on #7 and #8 - I have had 5 and she is on her 3rd.

I might be straying from the brand though...the F-Type is calling me....

8. TheCaptainOfTech Mar 5, 2015

I can't deny the f-type convertible is a nice looking car didn't really like the lines on the coupe though. Did you send your 128i in to get the valence bolt recall fixed? I did that about a week ago sad to say it's the second recall on my 128i the first was a battery issue

9. TheCaptainOfTech Mar 5, 2015

I've always have a soft spot for the naturally aspirated m3 in the early 2000's but after seeing the new m4 in baby blue it would definitely be a car to consider once I'm done with my 128i ( maybe the 2 series m and a couple of watches instead?)

MikiJ likes this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 5, 2015

The early 2000s E46 is a beautiful car and great to drive even though mine's a non-M (330CI 5MT M-Sport) but both M and non-M have a defect that tears the rear subframe out of the chassis. Mine finally goes in next week to have the new floor welded in.

11. billyblue Mar 6, 2015

Nice to hear that BMW (I work in development here in Munich) is getting some love here :)

At the same time I'm sorry to hear from your problem. What I can see from google, it is a not so uncommon problem...but never heard from it until now.

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 6, 2015

Not yet, but I will once things warm up here. Right now it's parked for the winter. I work from home so no need to drive much, so we use the other one all the time in the winter. That's why my car (a 2009) has something like 17,000 kms on it.

For me this would be going back to a Jag - had a 1987 VDP years ago. I assuming (hoping) they are more reliable than they were back then. ;) I never thought I was a convertible guy really, but after I dumped my 540 a number of years ago, I got my first Z4. I loved having the top down, so about a year later I got the Z4M...

[​IMG]

Now I kind of miss having a convertible, so if I get the F-Type it will be that, and not the coupe.

I just went to the auto show in Toronto a couple of weeks ago, and I'll be honest I wasn't nearly as thrilled by the BMW line up as I was by the Jag.

Cheers, Al

billyblue likes this.
  13. alfanator Mar 6, 2015

Someone should change the thread title to BMW -holics or something. I am on my second E39 M5.

14. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 6, 2015

No question that the in-line, naturally aspirated, 24 valve six was what made the original M-Cars so special. My first was the first M-Car, a Black Bart and my best was the last year for these wonderful rides, a 1993 M-5.

Both my wife and I took it to Watkins Glen twice, and both of us were schooled by professional drivers. We both started as D rated driver and after two separate trips graduated as B drivers. At that time we were told that we were the only two drivers to qualify in the same car. Yes, I learned to bring a new set of drilled rotors and HD pads.

This car was so terrific that we participate in the 1995 One Lap of America. No, we didn't win, another M-5 did. Yes, we finished ::psy::

Oh ya, watches - My 105.012-66 arrived at GWR in Philadelphia safely. I'll keep you posted.

15. alfanator Mar 6, 2015

I love the wheels on the 93 M5s, it would go nicely with the 105.012 :

16. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 7, 2015

Like all of our BMW's this was my wife's daily driver. I used the factory wheels for snow tires as we live in Northeastern Ohio. The wheels you can barely see in this old photo are BBS 3-piece magnesium. This photo was provided by Track Time. It shows me at speed (153 mph) down the back straight-a-way at Watkins Glen :)
    P3060838.JPG