Forums Latest Members

My "High-End" Collection of Two

1. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 4, 2013

Greetings! I introduced myself to the folks at the vintage Omega forum (my current interest, along with vintage Longines). I mentioned a couple pieces in my small collection, and a couple of kind readers were curious to see them here.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375635879.393918.jpg

I took the pic on a full moon a while back to show off it's distinguishing feature. An advertisement for the AP Quantieme Perpetuelle (back in the early 1980's) was the first time in my life I became aware of the existence of ultra fine timepieces. The spark that ignited the passion!

When I saw this model, and it's relatively low price compared to bigger ones in the marketplace (thanks to all obsessed with Bigger Is Better!), I had to get it. First sold in 2003, it came as a complete kit (box, papers). It is serving as my premier luxury piece while this one is in for a spa in NYC:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375636314.512247.jpg

On the hunt for a simpler Nautilus 5711, a dealer I have known for years had this one in the store. I fell in love. The Jumbo Nautilus 3710. Known as "the Comet" for its unique execution of a power reserve indicator, mfg from 1998-2007. Box and papers, too. It was last serviced by Patek (Henri Stern NYC) nearly 10 years ago. A few nicks and scratches later, it has been sent in for well deserved service. BTW, after they logged the job number and have had it 5 weeks, still no response re: an estimate! Should I be scared?

If you're still awake, thanks for indulging me! Comments or questions welcome!

2. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Aug 4, 2013

"On the way to going Broke" I had several encounters with Henri Stern NYC. Call again and see if Patrick Cancilla remains. If so, he was always able to help me. As far as being scared: That would depend on the size of your bank-roll ;-)

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 4, 2013

Two very nice pieces you have there!

4. ulackfocus Aug 4, 2013

This always brings up the quality vs quantity debate. I'd side with quality, but in reality most of us want both.

5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 4, 2013

I thought I wanted quality. I thought the Patek would end the quest.

(Insert laugh here).

Although I'm searching Omega and Longines at the moment (quality to value ratio is high), I'll likely change it up again soon.