Forums Latest Members
  1. Milftower Apr 24, 2016

Hi
    This is my first ever post on this forum.
    I was going through some drawers at my parents place and found an old Omega De Ville Automatic.The watch belonged to my grandfather, but since his death 22 years ago, it has not seen the light of the day. The Danish company “Danfoss” gave the watch to my grandfather after 25 years of employment back in 1973. I have been searching on Google and in the Omega vintage database, but not been able to find the specific model. I therefore seek your help and hope you can give me any information in regards to production year, ref, movement etc.

The glass is pretty beat up, but the watch still runs.

Thank you very much.
    Kasper

2016-03-20 08.52.31.jpg 2016-03-20 08.52.02.jpg 2016-03-20 08.54.06.jpg

2. dwndler Apr 24, 2016

You have not searched Omega database deep enough;)

Here is my qualified guess, ref. 166.0051

https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/14486/

When you pull the crown out twice does seconds hand stop running? Is case in solid gold or gold plated?

I thought I heard someone mentioning that people that worked at Danfoss got gold Rolex for 25 jubilee or retirement.Could also be a 40 year jubilee.

3. Milftower Apr 24, 2016

I actually looked at the model you are linking to, but i kinda ruled it out due to the darker dial and the slightly different looking luminous hands. But you might be right. :)

I believe that the watch is gold plated and as i remember the seconds hand stops running when you pull the crown out twice (i dont have the watch within my reach atm.) :thumbsup:

4. micampe Apr 24, 2016

Could it really be plated with that deep engraving?

5. dwndler Apr 25, 2016

Every model had several (10, 20 maybe even 30) different dial versions and some models had different types of hands despite having same ref. number. Omega just put picture of one (if any) as a model in vintage database and not always most common.
    Btw. I believe that hands on your grandpas watch were changed at some point as they should most likely be in gold color.
    If seconds hand stops when you pull the crown out twice than it could be cal. 1000 or 1002 that was in ref. 166.0051.
    Take it to the watchmaker for a service and ask him to write down a ref. number. cal. nr. and movement serial number for further references:D

6. Milftower May 2, 2016

Thank you everyone for your input. :)
    I just checked the watch and the seconds hand DO NOT stop when the crown is pulled out to twice. What does this indicate?
    I will take it to the to the watch make in the near future for a service :thumbsup:

7. TNTwatch May 2, 2016

If the watch is indeed the 166.0051 then it does indicate something is wrong and you have the right solution.

8. dwndler May 3, 2016

Did it change the date when you pulled it out second time and does it change the date when you push it in and out from first to second stage?
    Taking it to the watchmaker is most correct to do and let him note movement number and model and ref. number as well.

9. TNTwatch May 3, 2016

What would this indicate if it did not?

10. dwndler May 3, 2016

Well if it does change the date when pulled out it would indicate cal. 565.
    And if it does not it indicates either something is wrong with the hack function of the movement (cal. 1000/1002) or it is another movement inside.