Forums Latest Members

My "go to" Sub has competition!! Part 2

1. Tempus Oct 6, 2018

What do you guys think? Find the newer Rolexes a bit flashy for my taste but this simple piece is so subtle and elegant.
    As I'm sure you have read, the dial is a semi matt "antique" white and in daylight the lume contrasts sharply as it appears pure white with hint of blue (it isn't Chromalight though). The other thing I find amazing is that the bevelling and height of the hr batons make them appear almost black in most light conditions providing amazing legibility.

My only gripe; poor micro adjustment of bracelet. Cant seem to find a sweet spot.

Anyway Summer around the corner for us, so I'm sure the Sub will be back in rotation soon. ;)

OP1.jpg OP2.jpg

OP3.jpg
  2. stevec14 Oct 7, 2018

Nice. Like the op39 in white. It’s definitely the one I’d get and is a nice contrast to the sub.

3. Dan S Oct 7, 2018

The baby blue markers are an interesting touch ... very different, and definitely makes it stand out.

BTW, it will be interesting to see if Part I of this series sets an OF record for the thread with the most number of views and no responses. :D

4. watch3s Oct 7, 2018

ive only been considering the vintage ops, but after seeing this, maybe modern is the way to go!

5. Tempus Oct 7, 2018

:(