[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More later... :)

Mothra likes this.
  2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 21, 2014

You little tease ;)

Mothra likes this.
  3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 21, 2014

I plead no time and bad lighting at the office....

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 21, 2014

It's later.

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 21, 2014

This reference has always caught my eye, but never was the right time or something else pushed it aside. Finally decided to reel one in when the opportunity presented itself recently. Doesn't fit my definition of vintage, but has been out of production for quite some years now. My example came from a seller in Italy (How do so many nice watches end up there?) Negotiations were challenging as his English was only marginally better than my Italian. That is to say non-existent.

It arrived today with the original inner and outer box, but alas no papers....only a certificate of authenticity from the seller. I believe Zenith has an archive service similar to Omega, so I may give that a go down the road.
    image.jpg

The watch itself is not quite NOS, but nearly so, certainly mint ++. Still has the some of the original protective stickers...you can see them in the photos. This example has the original sharkskin strap with red stitching and Zenith deployant buckle. I suspect it was tried on a few times in the shop or perhaps worn a time or two by the original owner, back when it was new, then packed away until now. For this particular reference, 01.0480.405, the "01" indicates it came equipped on the strap from the factory. The steel bracelet reference is 02.0480.405. I've read in a couple of places that fewer than 1000 of these were produced with the "01" reference, but I don't know if that's truly accurate. Will have to do some more research or spring for a Zenith reference book or two. Perhaps some more knowledgeable members will chime in on that.

The movement is the iconic El Primero, in this case with the addition of the flyback chronograph complication. I don't know if this example houses the caliber 405 or 405z, though I understand there are not any major differences between the two. Will have my watchmaker check - sending it off for a service tomorrow. The movement, though probably barely used, is still 15+ years old, and this watch is not destined to be a safe queen any longer.
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

The dial is killer. Simply gorgeous IMO, and in perfect condition, as is the bezel. Could not ask for more.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm more than pleased, and I think this one is going to stick around. It's already boxed back up and will ship out to the spa tomorrow.

The Zenith Rainbow Flyback.

I miss it already.

ELV web, ezinternet, Alex_TA and 10 others like this.
  6. Davudvl Oct 21, 2014

I like the colors on this one. Great Watch.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 21, 2014

Real purdy, nice going. :thumbsup:

8. Zuke Oct 21, 2014

Great looking watch - definitely on my list

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 21, 2014

Yes, worth waiting for decent lighting conditions. That's one colourful chunk of goodness :thumbsup:

Darlinboy likes this.
  10. haga888 Oct 21, 2014

Very nice. Looks minty. I do like it much better on strap than bracelet.

Darlinboy likes this.
  11. pitpro Likes the game. Oct 21, 2014

Wear in good health !
    nice score!

Darlinboy likes this.
  12. Dogmann Oct 23, 2014

Hi Darlinboy,

Congratulations on your new addition that one is stunning although I'm not into chrono's myself i do love the look of them and especially yours wear it in good health.

Marc

Darlinboy likes this.
  13. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Oct 23, 2014

Looks to be in fantastic condition. Not a bad way to start a Zenith collection :thumbsup:

Darlinboy likes this.
  14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 23, 2014

This model just had a new re-edition didn't it, but in a very large case from memory?

15. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Oct 23, 2014

Right. 45.5mm.

16. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 23, 2014

Far too large for me. A Speedmaster pro is at the limit of my personal size preference.

I hope to see the end of the trend to larger watches. There are some hopeful signs. :)