Forums Latest Members
  1. Kaseman1 Sep 30, 2014

So I'm new to the whole genre of vintage watches. After looking for about a year, I decided I liked the vintage Omega line, primarily the mid-century modern styles. So I made my first purchase, and here is where I could use some input. I bought this early 60's model below. Looks great, works great. The watchband is crap and I'll replace it with a new authentic Omega one. But I paid $550 for this. Did I get a good deal, or get taken? I like the watch, and I was comfortable with the price. But being new to this arena I would like some feedback on this. Let the learning begin...

IMG_0615.JPG IMG_0616.JPG

2. Y.S. Sep 30, 2014

I might not be an expert, but it looks beautiful to me, and seems all original. It is probably a variant of an Omega DeVille without the "Deville" logo on the dial (I have seen some of these on the net). The price seems pretty fair.

My best advice to you - Unless you are positive about the service history of this watch, I would get it serviced ASAP by a watchmaker you could trust. Consider this an advice from a novice collector to another :)