Forums Latest Members
  1. Supermansam Apr 27, 2014

Hi All,

I am new to this forum as well as the world of horology. I have decided to start my vintage journey with this watch.

I would really love to hear your comments as to its authenticity, history or ways to take care of this watch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Supermansam Apr 27, 2014

Is it normal that the color of the movement is not the same? As you can see there is this bright yellow gear that contrast so differently from the rest of the movement. Is it something that I should be concern with?

3. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 27, 2014

Hello.

The watch you bought was made as a Seamaster but it was redialed at sometime and the redialer did not print that on the dial. The movement has parts in different colors because they came from different donors etc....In all, it's a bad buy and serious collectors don't collect watches like this.

You should spend more time in this forum before your next buy, I believe.

Regards.

4. Supermansam Apr 27, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. Will definitely learn from this.

Dablitzer likes this.
  5. John R Smith Apr 27, 2014

The reason that those parts in brighter yellow have been replaced is that this is the ratchet assembly for the auto-wind, which often wears. Hoi is correct (as usual!) and the dial has been re-finished, but I would just mention that there are quite a few ref 2635 around without "Seamaster" on the dial. I have an original dial 2635 with just "Omega", and "Automatic", like yours, and I have seen others. Even the OVD illustration shows the dial like this, although it lists the 2635 as a Seamaster -

2635 DB.jpg

6. Supermansam Apr 27, 2014

I see, guess I would have to continue to look around for better pieces.

Any recommendations for any watch piece that I should be looking at? My budget would be below $800USD.

Thanks for the info!

7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 27, 2014