My first vintage Omega: did I make it right?

The linen looks original, as others have suggested, and the 601 movement looks very clean. Well done.

very nice. i used to have 1 like this with seamaster marker at 6 and simple dial unlike yours. i call it perfect dial (minimalist) with no distraction like dater or any dial design. enjoy it.

Never seen that spring bar configuration before. The watch looks good on the wrist, will give you many years of pleasure.

I would however not trust the seller, and pop in your watchmaker for a check of the movement, to see if May need a service or not. While there, get an 18mm strap, this is too narrow.

The thing is most 16mm Omega Buckle's are on the more expensive side - most old straps were 18mm on the lugs, and 14mm on the buckle

Most new straps are 18mm on the lugs, 16mm on the buckle

So if you get an 14mm buckle, it could be hard to find an 18mm strap that narrows down to 14mm

I have an Omega Geneve with a 22mm strap that narrows down to 16mm for example, impossible to find a strap that size for cheap 😁
What Omega Geneve had 22mm lugs?

What Omega Geneve had 22mm lugs?
IMG_5067.jpeg

By the way, to OP: That 2 cylinders is probably a broken pin

But honestly it doesn't matter in my opinion, I've never seen a pin valued or people caring about pins, at least I don't, they are $0 from China - Maybe the thick ones are valuable, but I usually use thin ones for various reasons - If someone pulls the watch in a fight, I want the pin to bend before the lugs bend

And to the OP this is a lovely watch, and for your first Omega! Wow I would be very proud of yourself. It’s arguably much nicer than the first one I ever bought! Enjoy it! Play with different strap combinations and enjoy the way it looks different in different lighting conditions. I’m sure this one will be in your collection for a long time! I’ve been fancying a linen dial in a gold case for a while myself to fit with a red and blue striped nato! Makes for a clean and casual summertime watch

IMG_5067.jpeg

But honestly it doesn't matter in my opinion, I've never seen a pin valued or people caring about pins, at least I don't, they are $0 from China - Maybe the thick ones are valuable, but I usually use thin ones for various reasons - If someone pulls the watch in a fight, I want the pin to bend before the lugs bend
Ahh I see I haven’t ventured that modern with my watches yet

Never seen that spring bar configuration before. The watch looks good on the wrist, will give you many years of pleasure.

I would however not trust the seller, and pop in your watchmaker for a check of the movement, to see if May need a service or not. While there, get an 18mm strap, this is too narrow.

Thanks Franco for the advice, I'll do it. Yes, the strap he gave me is too narrow, the original one from Omega i prefer to put it apart to save it from daily life.

IMG_5067.jpeg

@kaplan, both pins are made in the same way, they don't seem to be broken. In any case I've already changed with two new ones.

This looks nice. You seem thrilled. Enjoy and wear in good health.

I love to investigate and try to understand deeply what I use and love...

Good morning all, I have received the watch. What a marvel! The dimension is somehow small for my (also small) wrist. I've changed the strap, using the one the seller included in the package. I've stored the original Omega one, I'll decide and see later what to do with that.
I expected the classic pin but what I got is these three pieces in the following photo. Basically are two cylinders with pins inside and a spring in between. The two cylinders are covered with some green dirt material that I don't know.
Sorry for the bad picture:

IMG_2044.jpg

And finally here it is on my wrist:
Congrats, it's a nice looking watch, enjoy it for many years to come.

@kaplan, both pins are made in the same way, they don't seem to be broken. In any case I've already changed with two new ones.
I mean, in that case, it's an interesting design - maybe so they absorb the impacts that I'm so afraid of

I mean, in that case, it's an interesting design - maybe so they absorb the impacts that I'm so afraid of

That's possible! From the quantity of dirt I've found on the pins, they seem to be the original ones, so maybe at the time it was a common design.