Forums Latest Members

My First UG - Silver Dial Polerouter

1. otisblank Oct 21, 2013

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here for a while now. I finally have a good excuse to make a first post! I just picked up this Polerouter from everyone's favorite auction website. Based on the pictures I felt I was taking a risk, but now that I have it in my hands I can see that the scratches and imperfections aren't nearly as bad as I was led to believe. Poorly lit photos can really make a vintage watch look bad! I did my best to show the way the watch actually looks in person with these photos, but I still feel I haven't done it justice! The watch runs great, keeping near perfect time. I'm very pleased with my purchase! I hope you all enjoy the photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alpenschneerot likes this.
  2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 21, 2013

Well, that looks like a very nice pickup. These white dial ones are not all that common, and even though this one has see some use, the caseback engraving is still visible and the lines are those of the classic Polerouter. Had a look inside yet?

3. otisblank Oct 21, 2013

I haven't, unfortunately I don't have a proper caseback tool... The seller didn't provide a photo either.

4. CdnWatchDoc Oct 25, 2013

Nice piece there otis...I like the way that white dial has aged. Brings out the concentric circle look...Congrats!!

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 26, 2013

Very nice and all original, too. Even has the logo on the crown. Most of these have long been replaced.

Wear in good health!
    gatorcpa

6. John Chris Il Duca de Luca Oct 26, 2013

Very handsome on the wrist!

7. otisblank Dec 25, 2013

I finally cracked it open! Very pleased to find that it is in such good condition. Considering the state of the dial/hands I imagined it could have been much worse. Here's a quick cell phone shot if the innards:

[​IMG]