Forums Latest Members
  1. Veeewon Dec 12, 2016

Hi Guys,
    I am a big fan of OF, have been pouring through the pages for a while now and one day hope to own an immaculate 321 of some sort. However, in the interim whilst still learning all the intricacies and saving up, my wife actually stumbled across this, which is now my first Speedmaster Professional. It’s a 145.022-69 with DON bezel. It is far from perfect, but in real life on the wrist, it looks so cool, tough and loaded with character. Thanks to this forum and Speedmaster101 I was able to check the movement serial number (28427XXX) and price guide. I think I got a good little deal, but only got what I paid for….. at least I hope so… Now over to you lot to let me know what you think. Unfortunately I don't have any photos with the back off, I’m a little scared to open it myself. I may invest in a one of those Alpha case openers from LunarOyster, has any one used one? I’m not much of a photographer and am limited to an iPhone so I apologise for that. Please let me know your thoughts, do you think it is all original? It looks like it's been polished but I'm not very good at analysing this yet.

Thanks for letting me be part of this great site.

Cheers!

IMG_5265.jpg IMG_5281 2.jpg IMG_5282.jpg IMG_5312.jpg IMG_5323.jpg
    fibonacci086 and marcn like this.
  2. ConElPueblo Dec 13, 2016

...I don't know much about Speedmasters, only that if you'd like one of those, you ought to get it from the original maker, not some copycat weasel: https://omegaforums.net/threads/pah...die-caseback-opener-highly-recommended.39120/

Welcome on OF! You already have a Speedmaster, so you should fit right in :D ::stirthepot::

ahartfie, Pahawi, tpatta and 2 others like this.
  3. Slo084 Dec 13, 2016

Congrats on the watch! To my untrained eye, everything seems correct and original, but I'll let the experts chime in more on that. ;)

Also, it looks like the chrono hands is a bit off center on reset, but I'm guessing a service is due anyways.

Veeewon likes this.
  4. Jaacck Dec 13, 2016

great looking speedy. get a professional to take the back of if you want to have a look inside.

Veeewon likes this.
  5. cwindham Dec 13, 2016

Looks good to me, nice patina and the chrono hand is probably on center but the tip is bent slightly. My last handset did that as well.

Veeewon likes this.
  6. Veeewon Dec 13, 2016

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes the chrono hand is slightly left of centre, my guess is that it's hand that is slightly bent. I quite like the old rugged look but who thinks I should replace the hands? I do want to get it serviced but have just read a few horrifying stories about watches that have been taken to Omega. So now I need to source a recommendation for someone in Hong Kong.