Forums Latest Members

My First Speedmaster Pre Moon 145022-69 // cal 861 // DON Bezel

1. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 15, 2015

First Speedmaster Pre Moon 145022-69 // cal 861

.-12 sec/day, 272 degrees, 0.5ms, 52 deg. / 21600 amp

paid 2150 Euro, think the case may be slightly overpolished, but it has a DON bezel with looks really great considering its age.

purchased this strap: http://www.ebay.at/itm/321673757368?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

woohoo^^

502_429781318.jpg 502_-1639911646.jpg IMG_3217.jpg IMG_3218.jpg IMG_3219.jpg IMG_3221.jpg IMG_3222.jpg IMG_3223.jpg IMG_3224.jpg IMG_3225.jpg IMG_3226.jpg IMG_3227.jpg IMG_3228.jpg IMG_3229.jpg IMG_3230.jpg IMG_3231.jpg IMG_3232.jpg IMG_3233.jpg IMG_3234.jpg IMG_3235.jpg IMG_3236.jpg
    TexOmega and hansmaulwurf like this.
  2. scook94 Mar 15, 2015

please, please, please. don't butcher this watch and sell off it's parts.

3. Steve1haggart Mar 15, 2015

Stunning looking watch DON a bonus . Congratulation on your purchase.

4. watchtinker Mar 15, 2015

:confused::confused::confused:

5. ock2915 Mar 15, 2015

:thumbsup:Nice

6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 15, 2015

Well I think the forum members will all join me in congratulating you. It is fun to travel with an enthusiastic buyer and watching hoping that they don't fall flat on their faces into a pile of frankenstien watch poo.

I think this watch will teach you much. It's a good watch to own, has characteristics you will learn to love, and prepare you for your next watch.

Price? It's not insane at all. This watch has a particular character, some will love it, some will not. As I said, it will teach you much.

Well done, welcome to the owners club. It's a slippery slope.

7. xcentric Mar 15, 2015

very nice. I'm not an expert, but I'd say it was a bargain.

8. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Mar 15, 2015

Congrats. Like the Holzer bracelet. Not quite a perfect Speedmaster bracelet but like it anyway.

9. Redwheelbarrow Mar 15, 2015

Try on the watch and see if you like wearing it.

Spacefruit likes this.
  10. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 15, 2015

well, its a pretty decent watch being my first speedmaster. the leather strap is on the way and i dont mind exchanging it for the holzer bracelet as it is not the one which should be on there anyways. people ask for the holzers arround 500 euro and ill let the market decide its final price (i guess something between 350 and 400e)

i do like wearing the watch (and i will certainly like it even more with the leather strap) but i have already my eyes on "older" ref. numbers which i will try to acquire with a considerable margin of safety. its good that i have made this purchase as it sets some kind of benchmark for investment orientation. the tactic will be getting a more desirable speedmaster and then, having two, letting one go. :)

watch projects for 2015 are
    vintage "nice dial", "fully functioning" omega seamaster cosmic moonphase (below 2000e)
    pre-moon-speedmaster not starting with ref 145. (below 4000 but it really depends on the ref and the condition)
    seamaster 300 prof. apnoe (no idea... traded once in a while on ebay)
    vintage rolex pepsi with a wonderful patina and a faded bezel, leather strap (tough one... ill try to get it for 4k)
    longines black dialed conquest heritage (cheap as chips)
    multiple superclean dialed honeycomb omegas (below 400e each)
    multiple genuine dialed "crosshair" omegas (conny, seamaster)
    pink gold de luxe conny (below 2.5k)
    somekind of vintage pulsometer omega (no idea)

the challenge is not getting the watches - its getting them as bargains xD

long way to go but as long as i dont give up there is no way i wont end far better than expected

thanks for the great advice, help and accompanying me on this lovely journey

:)

11. Davidt Mar 15, 2015

So is your goal to have a nice collection or a sound investment?

12. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 15, 2015

my passion, or "life goal" is to acquire a nice collection trough sound investments! (i need both to he satisfied!)

A sound investment defined as: "when i sell the watch within a reasonable amount of time (1 year) i get more out of it than i have payed for it so that the full turnover can be reinvested for more desirable watches and the nice collection can be built up".

It does not always work out the way planned (mistakes) - life is not fair and i will fail often, but as long as i step up when time is toughest and find someone (you guys) who help me on the journey it all shall be good... im in my mid 20ties - there is a bunch of time left^^

<3

13. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Mar 15, 2015

I would love to feel happy for you , but for some reason I just can't.

14. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 15, 2015

Welcome to the forum.

There is a fee that we all pay as collectors. I'm not yet convinced had I done things differently I would have avoided this fee. I guess you could also call this fee the newby tax.

None the less, I figured out collecting is the journey, the hunt, the challenge, and too much focus on "making the right investment" may hinder the enjoyment of collecting.

Certainly I think you will come across a watch that you must have, one you have searched for without luck, one that sings to you....don't miss these opportunities because you could not get it for a "deal".

Don't get me wrong, you need to buy wisely, but too much focus on price will impact your enjoyment of the wonderful experience of collecting super cool watches.

xcentric, Temiyasen and Davidt like this.
  15. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 15, 2015

"don't miss these opportunities because you could not get it for a "deal". Don't get me wrong, you need to buy wisely, but too much focus on price will impact your enjoyment of the wonderful experience of collecting super cool watches."

thanks so true - and its also difficult to have the money and the knowledge when needed. But falling flat on to the face is also part of the process and there is a certain beauty in it. :)

xcentric likes this.
  16. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 19, 2015

quick question: the hands looks incredibly new to me, compared to other parts of the watch. are they replacement hands or do the just more resilient than other parts?

17. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 19, 2015

charge the dial up under a light bulb then
    turn off the lights. How brightly do they glow?
    Same as dial? a lot brighter than dial?
    How long do they glow? Longer than dial? Same?

18. Sapientia Cordis Ev3rclear's Fake Second Account Mar 20, 2015

the dial does not glow at all - the hands glow very very bright after "charging" them arround 30 secs under a light bulbe. im 100% sure that they are relumed. i am wondering if the hands (not the lume) itsself are "old" or a replacement part.

19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 20, 2015

do they still glow an hour or two later?

20. lillatroll Mar 20, 2015

We all have our reasons for collecting watches and there are no hard and fast rules or codes that we should adhere to, but you come across as as though you don t care about the watches just the money that could be made from them. This may not be the case, but I could never buy a watch ( part) from a person with this attitude. Stripping beautiful watches unnecessarily just to make a few euros really saddens me.
    You are not the only person doing it and they are your watches to do as you see fit with but I hope you don t get the opportunity to ruin too many beautiful watches.
    I would also like to say that it is only my opinion and I do not want to have a go at you but you are young and with the stupidity of youth comes many stupid deeds....like ruining watches.

timeismoney, AAAKK, imexian and 6 others like this.