Forums Latest Members
  1. E-diddy Mar 13, 2015

Hi Guys,
    Recently purchased my first Speedmaster (105.003)! Would like your guidance on two things:
    1. Service -- any recommendations on where I can get this bad boy serviced in the San Francisco Bay Area or close by? The watch runs fine, but I figure I should have someone look at the movement.

2. How did I do? Be gentle haha. I tried to do my homework but know I make mistakes. It's not perfect, but was one of the better ones I saw at a decent price. I plan to wear it daily. When it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by its condition (advertised as "running"). This watch looked better in person than online (I'm thinking digital photos exaggerate imperfections). Such a beauty. My next purchase will be a proper 19mm leather strap. 105003_dial.jpg 105003_caseback.jpg 105003_crown.jpg 105003_pushers.jpg

Old and Vintage and OmegaRookie like this.
  2. E-diddy Mar 13, 2015

Btw, from what I can tell, the case looks polished and the hesalite crystal doesn't have the Omega logo (so maybe a replacement?).

3. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Mar 13, 2015

I'll let the experts chime in as to the quality, but I'll say congrats and enjoy!

4. ricardorio Mar 13, 2015

I think you did it great. Congrats, Its a beauty !!!

5. KIMBER Mar 13, 2015

Looks good. Enjoy it I would.

6. lwong Mar 13, 2015

How you did depends on the price, but aesthetically it looks fantastic. Especially the sharp edges on the case!

7. Slevin kelevra Mar 13, 2015

I'm no expert but it looks cool that is for sure.

8. Flingit1200s Mar 13, 2015

I am definitely not an expert but I like it. Well done!

9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 13, 2015

I'll say it again. VERY few watchmakers I know have an Omega parts account. Even if they do, and your watch needs an obsolete part, they are not going to get it, even from Omega. ABC in LA can service it but not find parts (true that was two years ago). Al in Canada has an account, but he has a waiting list and you have to send the watch to Canada.

Your watch has such a lot of pusher-crud I would agree it needs a service. Sometimes all they need is a strip, clean, oil and setup. There are plenty of 321 experienced watchmakers around the country who can do this - its only if they need a part they come unstuck. The 321 was a "common" movement 40 years ago in workshops, so I always look for the oldest guy in the shop!

The watch itself looks correctly appointed. The case back shows evidence of being on a lathe. Dial and bezel look correct and in fair to good condition. The plots are filthy but as you say, these often look better in the metal than in a merciless digital photo. The hands look like they might be improved aesthetically - but again that may be the photo.

I would say a good watch, perfect to wear without worry, but nice enough to be proud of and enjoy.

Good catch.

lwong likes this.
  10. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Mar 13, 2015

Looks great. Congrats!!

11. Davidt Mar 13, 2015

Great find, congrats.

All the parts look correct and good condition. The case has had a bit of a polish but the vast majority of these have.

Give it a good service and clean and you've got yourself a great watch!

12. E-diddy Mar 13, 2015

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the support! Really excited and pleased with this one. This hobby is turning into an obsession. ;)
    Btw, I just noticed the Omega logo on the hesalite crystal. It's more subtle than I expected but I had just the right amount of sunlight to see it. I don't know how people capture it in photos.

13. TNTwatch Mar 13, 2015

The original or older crystals have a small logo that's hard to see even with good eyes. The newer crystals have bigger and newer style logo that can be seen and captured easily.

Enjoy your watch in good health.

14. imexian Mar 14, 2015

That watch looks a great acquisition, can i ask where it came from please? dealer, auction site, Ebay etc?

15. imexian Mar 14, 2015

Prob is you will not be satisfied with just that one...there is something about those early speedies though, don't you think?

16. justwatching Mar 16, 2015

Looks good! Its getting harder and harder to find a good condition 105.003 these days

17. Eddie Mar 24, 2015

Looks pretty damn good for what you can get these days give or take a few details. People are sitting on their A+ Ed Whites. It took me 3 years to find my 105.003. I knew it was the best I was going to find. I'm sitting on it unless I need to buy a kidney... for my kid.

18. Old and Vintage Mar 24, 2015

ahhh i want one like that one!!!! :) Very nice congratulations!!!!!