Forums Latest Members

My first Seamaster, how would you rate this one?

1. atjfan Dec 31, 2014

As stated this is my first Omega.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151533356573Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The seller is aluxtrader on eBay.

The transaction was very smooth and the shipping was super fast.

The question I have is since the history of the watch is unknown, how long should I run it before sending it in for service?

Your wisdom is appreciated.

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 31, 2014

Send it now, don't wait. Love the blue bezel.

3. Shem Jan 2, 2015

I would recommend doing the following:

1. Call your nearest Omega Boutique to find out if they have a Boutique Technician who can test your watch,
    2a. If they do, take it in for a six-point inspection free-of-charge. They will verify that the watch is authentic and that the serial numbers match and do a watch resistance test, timing test (including balance amplitude which can indicate a need for service), bracelet cleaning, regulation if necessary, sizing, etc.
    2b. If you don't have a local Omega Boutique with a Boutique Technician, consider sending it in for service.

Fusion and mr-watchguy like this.
  4. atjfan Jan 2, 2015

The seller has a good reputation in the Rolex forums and over 200 transactions on ebay. As far as I can tell based on my novice research it is legitimate. Very happy with the watch so far. I have seen a ton of fakes in Afghanistan and some are unbelievable which made me a little anxious about my first omega. The rest of my collection is made up of ecodrives, deep blue, orient and Seiko.

5. Fusion Jan 3, 2015

If it runs well and doesn't gain or lose an annoying amount, get a water test and wear the heck out of it!

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2015

Watch in his pictures is definitely real, they're a great piece the Bond SMP, cheap to service and maintain too