Forums Latest Members
  1. ConElPueblo Jun 2, 2016

Got this from customs:

DSC01905.JPG

Apparently they've sent my Constellation (which have been with them for nearly a month now...) on to further authentication at the trademark holder for ROLEX SA, in order to establish if it's a counterfeit item.

::facepalm2::

trackpad likes this.
  2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 2, 2016

3. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jun 2, 2016

Jesus...why did you buy a Rolex Constellation? Sure to be fake...

x3no, George.A, ahartfie and 5 others like this.
  4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 2, 2016

I was somewhat troubled when I saw your thread tiltle (apologies to Rolex fans)
    Now - is it a fake Rolex you have or Le Coultre?

OMGRLX likes this.
  5. ConElPueblo Jun 2, 2016

Well, the Constellation is neither fake nor a Rolex - somehow the Danish customs thought "Rolex" when seeing this watch:

[​IMG]

They couldn't find anyone with rights for the "LeCoultre" name, so deemed it unnecessary to send for authentication...

[​IMG]

Tritium and dialstatic like this.
  6. rcs914 Jun 2, 2016

Well they are certainly doing a great job (not) justifying their paychecks. One thinks that PERHAPS if their job is to attempt to verify if goods are counterfeit or not, they might be able to identify the correct manufacturer. Now Rolex is probably going to reply back "No, it's not a Rolex" and they are going to assume this means its a fake, and you will be lucky to ever get it.

OMGRLX and chronos like this.
  7. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Jun 2, 2016

Those babies were shipped April 14! I'm going on a hunger strike until they are delivered - only 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. Well, I also need my morning coffee, but NO cream. :unsure:

In all seriousness, that sucks. I hope they figure it out and deliver them soon.

8. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 2, 2016

Nice Le Coutre
    But even nicer Connie
    Congrats

9. dragoman Jun 2, 2016

I thought you had changed allegiances, bu t I see you keep faithful to Omega and Longines.

If I were you, I would take this seriuosly. I would not want to make you nervous in vain, but see what watchco has to say about German customs:

I know you are not from Germany, but beware.

I wish you the best of luck.

OMGRLX likes this.
  10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 2, 2016

At least they didn't send it to Invicta

chronos and ulackfocus like this.
  11. ConElPueblo Jun 2, 2016

Well, I've adopted a laid-back attitude to the issue and am looking forward to speaking with another person from the customs about it in the morning. I'm a civil servant myself and I am used to people having a (often misguided) opinion about how I should conduct my work, etc. and I guess that they are used to hearing all sorts of grief from people. The ones I've spoken to so far have all been helpful and friendly, though it would seem that they are not enormously competent :D

They would've kept it and returned a Russian Diver.

Don't lay off the cream for my sake!

The copyright guys at the customs have 30 days to clear the case and here they've spent 24 to establish that it may be a counterfeit...

dragoman and Nobel Prize like this.
  12. chronos Jun 2, 2016

It reminds me of what a customs guy told me when they confused my parcel at Swiss customs with another one. I was expecting a Chronographe Suisse from 1945. The customs guy told me: Well, you'll get refunded for the insured parcel. Just buy another Chronographe Suisse from 1945!::facepalm1:: :whipped:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/cau...1961-seamaster-14755.37815/page-2#post-435987
    Good luck with your watches! :thumbsup:

OMGRLX and Nobel Prize like this.
  13. chronos Jun 2, 2016

PS: I just noticed that the Chronographe Suisse was from 1948, not from 1945 as I wrote above...

14. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jun 2, 2016

This is why I never ship abroad when I sell on ebay :(

15. ConElPueblo Jun 2, 2016

Why? The watch is safe and will get here eventually :)

Tritium, Willem023 and OMGRLX like this.
  16. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jun 2, 2016

i hope so. i really hope so. i too have heard/been told of many (other) instances of 'vanished'/'seized'/etc watches going across borders.

17. mac_omega Jun 2, 2016

You are overly anxious.

By not selling out of country you miss out a large market of potential buyers...

I have bought quite a few "things" from abroad without any problems and nothing was lost or confiscated so far

Tritium and ConElPueblo like this.
  18. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 2, 2016

I can confirm that :D

19. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Jun 3, 2016

This is pretty funny, at least when it's not my shipment I really hope that it works out for you!

20. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jun 3, 2016

i too have happily bought stuff from overseas many times and will again. secure in the knowledge that, if anything goes wrong, i will simply get my money back and walk away with no net loss.

OTOH, if i'm the seller, and anything goes wrong/gets lost/seized/whatever, it comes out my pocket/paypal acct and, needless to say, i'm out of the sold item too if it's lost/damaged/destroyed due to no fault of mine.

e.g, ebay's purchase 'guarantee' catch is simply that it will refund the buyer from the seller's proceeds. all good if you're a buyer, maybe not so very much if you're a seller.