Forums Latest Members
  1. SN13 Jan 4, 2021

I've been a member for a while (2016).

I've owned two small vintage pieces in the past, but more in passing than as serious Omega Pieces.

With the Rolex Market the way it is, finding decent "Used" pieces that aren't stupidly overpriced, has driven me down the Omega Path. I've always liked the Omegas but when it came time to Spend the money, I always balked and ended up with something else. (Nomos, Heuer, Rolex, Breitling, Tudor, Microbrands, etc"

I had a little spare money saved to buy a Rolex Sub, which was my plan for late 2019 / early 2020.... and I waited.... And waited..... and waited and watched the Sub prices rise and rise to 150% of "MSRP".... And decided, just like the housing market of 2006, I'll wait a few years and buy when the stupidity has ended.

In the meantime, I've been looking at Omega (For the past year). Everything from Original 2500 42mm PO's to the LE Liquid Metal 2500... To moonwatches.... to Vintage SM300's.... etc. etc. trying to find something to fall in love with.

I visited an Omega AD for the first time ever this summer. Tried on a variety of models (SM300, PO, Etc) and sizes (37-45mm)...

Started hunting an Omega..... I research them, price them out.... Watch the market for them.... Decide the "right price" for myself.... Wait for the opportunity.... and then when I find the right sale... I hesitate. Something just doesn't make me LOVE the watch.

HE Valve on the PO. (Come on Omega, Make a 300M version sans HE, and Thinner! 42mm is fine...)
    Thickness of the 8500 PO Models.
    Slab-Sided GMT/Chrono PO Models.
    Flat Moonwatch dial. (It's so 2 dimensional)
    Bracelet on the SM300 (no taper?)
    PO2500 Printed Dial (No applied markers?)
    Plastic Crystals (Sorry, I know they have their place but I Destroy them)

There's always something that I find makes me stop.....and say "Nevermind" .... BUT....

I always find myself drifting back to one specific model that I've always Lusted after for the past decade.

A model that, I personally think, doesn't get the love it should. A quirky, Iconic Omega watch.

[​IMG]

So, I welcome to my wrist, the best thing about 2020.... My new (Used) Seamaster 1200m White Ploprof.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. jaguar11 Jan 4, 2021

Congratulations. A bold choice and a very nice one at that! Wear in good health.

SN13 likes this.
  3. Dedlock Jan 4, 2021

bold and beautiful watch.

SN13 likes this.
  4. alefar Jan 4, 2021

I love the ploprof as well, definetely on my list! The lume on this looks crazy! Congrats mate on an awesome purchase!:D

SN13 likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 4, 2021

Complains about an HE valve and thickness on the 2500 PO and gets a ploproff...

I’m not sure if that is a win or a facepalm.

congrats, and may you never have to shop for a mattress.

Edited Jan 4, 2021
    dekevain, cvalue13 and kov like this.
  6. SN13 Jan 4, 2021

Lol.

The difference is that this one is SUPPOSED to be thick and the HE valve isn't a wart at 10.

Also... i think the PO GMT is thicker than the Ploprof. :p (not really but they are close)

And to be fair I complained about the 8500 PO thickness. The 2500 has great proportions.

Edited Jan 4, 2021
    Foo2rama likes this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 4, 2021

:)

I can’t stand the thickness of the 2nd Gen and newer PO’s the except the 39.5 which is amazing.

I’ve got a 3313 (45.5 first gen POC) and want a 42mm 2500.

8. Zanzibar Jan 4, 2021

:))

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. Malik713 Jan 4, 2021

Great pickup. I’ve always loved the looks off the ploprof, and white is the way to go.

SN13 likes this.
  10. alikara Jan 4, 2021

That lume shot is so cool

SN13 likes this.
  11. Caliber561 Jan 5, 2021

The first picture is absolutely stunning!

SN13 likes this.
  12. kangamatt Jan 5, 2021

Straight-out envy! :D

SN13 likes this.
  13. aleksejeremeev Jan 6, 2021

Beautiful and elegant watch . My Hamptons are just as white but not as famous .

14. SpeedyMcNasty Jan 6, 2021

15. SpeedyMcNasty Jan 6, 2021

Oh man I have wanted a ploprof for so long, I waver back and forth between a 600 and this generation of the 1200 (but black). Looks great!

SN13 likes this.
  16. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 6, 2021

I guess that means that your username is not related to the identities of the SpaceX starships currently under production :)

Great watch. My first impression (after looking at them for so long) once it was on the wrist was : my, that is very comforable and feels great.

SN13 likes this.
  17. SN13 Jan 6, 2021

I have not owned an Omega 600.... BUT I did own a Helson 600 for a short while. The 1200 and 600 wear similarly, even though the 1200 is slightly larger.

[​IMG]

It scratched the itch but never REALLY satisfied. Helson did a really good job of mimicking the 600m case and function of the Crown. (Yes it functions just like a vintage. Knurled Nut moves the crown against a gasket. Square portion is actually the crown.) Best 600 Homage out there. The only modified component is they added a tiny screw to the caseback (See below) to access the crown stem release on the ETA movement.

Even put mine on a Fancy Mesh and added the Ploprof Clasp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lume was Great (I customized this one to be Full Lume)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There it is next to my MM300....

Ultimately... it just wasn't the OMEGA 1200 that I really wanted. I sold it to fund a Rolex Purchase in 2019.

So the Omega has been in my sights for a while.... I feel that these PloProfs with the Sapphire bezels are going to get more attention. I've seen a big shift over the last 6 months of articles and mentions on forums and I didn't want to miss out on getting the White one I ultimately wanted.

18. SN13 Jan 6, 2021

No, My name is not related to SpaceX.... :)

The Crown being on the Arm side and not the wrist side, has ALOT to do with it wearing comfortably. If I Were Left handed or wore my watches on my Right arm, the crown would be unbearable.

Edited Jan 6, 2021
  19. SpeedyMcNasty Jan 6, 2021

Yeah the 1200 is a good get for sure.

I didn’t know that Helson existed, but I wouldn’t be interested in an homage. I like the proportions of the 600 and the monocoque case, but I prefer the 1200 but I’ll actually be able to wear it in the water. I too like the sapphire bezel. Great pics as well!

20. SN13 Jan 6, 2021

I was interested in an homage at the time for three reasons.

1. $950 new vs $9500 new.
    2. Didn't know if I really wanted a Ploprof (size/wearability etc).
    3. Sometimes an Homage scratches the itch, sometimes it spurs the desire for the real thing.

SpeedyMcNasty likes this.