Forums Latest Members
  1. macchris777 Feb 28, 2014

Hi Joe, I am equally puzzle. The links does not have any "screws" like that of Rolex bracelet where I can remove some links to shorten the bracelet. I brought it to watch technician and we can't remove any links at all. I have already max out the length and its still too loose for me! ;o((
    Thanks for your kind follow up, guess I will just enjoy the watch with the above straps for now while I wait for the correct bracelet to come by.

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 28, 2014

My 1170 has 5 removable links.

3. Georgieboy58 Feb 28, 2014

Not sure this applies to the 1170, but the older (semi-expandable) Omega bracelets can usually be shortened as described here:
    http://www.old-omegas.com/bracadd.html

P.S. Just googled the 1170 and from the pictures I found this one seems to have pins that need to be pushed out.

4. macchris777 Feb 28, 2014

The bracelet does not have Omega stamping or code on extending link, except the logo on the claps. I suspect its not original. I will take it up with the seller, thank you all for the useful information. I am feeling the love here! Anyone here has a spare 1170 with the correct end links for sale? Please PM me. Thank You!

5. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Feb 28, 2014

If you can, post a picture of the bracelet including a side view and a picture of the inside of the open clasp.

6. macchris777 Feb 28, 2014

photo 1-3.JPG
    The one on the left comes with the seamster watch. The one on the right is my speedy bracelet. Speedy length is what fits my tidy wrist! ;o(

photo 4.JPG
    As you can see, the pin is missing and this is only link I can remove.

photo 1.JPG

photo 5-2.JPG
    Picture here show it does not have the omega stamping and code like the one I see on my speedy. Only the word is 100% stainless steel.

photo-3.JPG
    As you can see, I'm already at the max and as we move up, each link gets wider, hence will have a problem with the claps.

Bracelet original? Or fake? Thanks for the help Jim!

sincerely,

7. macchris777 Mar 2, 2014

Anyone care to comment about the bracelet? Joe?

regards

8. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Mar 2, 2014

I think the bracelet is a genuine 1162/172, but obviously in poor condition with a lot of stretch. I don't know how tight these can get but if there are no more links to remove it's possible that this bracelet is just too big for your wrist.

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 2, 2014

I don't know what your MacGyver skills are Chris, but, as a last resort, you could shorten it by spreading the links where the join is and removing the required number of links and closing back up.

I've done it before on some generic bracelets but not on an Ω one.

I know it's a drastic solution and it'll be a one person bracelet from then on but at least you get to wear it.

10. macchris777 Mar 3, 2014

Thanks Joe & Jim for the information and suggestions. That is what I'm thinking too, got to be a drastic measure in order to make use of the bracelet. Will have to look for a local watch tech to do this, will update you guys when its done, hopefully. ;o( ! At least I know the bracelet is authentic.

Here is another picture of the watch... both watch uses 22mm width straps.

photo 2.JPG

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 4, 2014

Looking at the tool marks on the lug ends of the bracelet, I am wondering if someone in the past has altered the bracelet and added permanent links?

macchris777 likes this.
  12. rolexfantastic Mar 4, 2014

The bracelet might have been abused but the left end link seems untouched. Maybe the bracelet was a bit loose thus the "adjustments" ?

The bracelet seems to have been at the origin an 1162/172 usually seen on Mark series (and a few Speedmaster autos 70's) or Flightmaster series, and has part of the deployment replaced.
    These bracelets were also fitted on Seamaster 176.007 by dealers to customers that wanted the watch with a bracelet, similar to the old stock Speedmasters that sold later with new ref. bracelets.

Chuck Maddox presented one 176.007 on a similar (1162/172) bracelet:

[​IMG]

Omega did not supply the watch with this bracelet however...

Here's on the 1170 / 653 bracelet. Mind you, the deployment is usually etched 1170, without the end links ref.

[​IMG]

macchris777 likes this.
  13. macchris777 Mar 5, 2014

Guys, its done! My extremely happy now. Now I can go back and focus on my work! ;o))

bracelet.JPG

bracelet1.JPG

fjf likes this.
  14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 5, 2014

:thumbsup:

macchris777 likes this.
  15. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 5, 2014

Huh?
    Oh yes, work. What I should be doing now!
    Looks great! Glad that worked out.

macchris777 likes this.