Forums Latest Members

My first post! Intro & questions about the Omega Silver Snoopy.

1. Japenney Nov 20, 2016

Hi guys. My name is Josh and im from Canada. I just wanted to introduce myself since it is my first post here! I have around 3000 posts on TRF and am also a Canwatchco.ca member (canadian watch forum). I have bought and sold many watches on these forums and am hoping to be a positive member here too.

I have mainly been a Rolex guy in the past but have recently been drawn to omega. Currently I own the Rolex Deepsea D blue , blnr, and a ck2998. It makes a great blue themed land,sea,air combo.

I would like to add a omega silver snoopy to the collection and I have been trying to get an idea what I should spend on one. It looks like there are 15 on Chrono 24 and the best trusted seller price is around 10.5k from italy. Do you think these guys can be "trusted"? Outside of chrono24 it looks like 12k is the best price! I am a buyer at around 11k from a reputable seller.

Do you think these watches will continue to drop in price in the coming months? I really hope I can find one....now I also want a hesalite 3570. Will it ever end? For me, probably not. I love watches !

Josh

al128, GuiltyBoomerang, Jwit and 3 others like this.
  2. Bushido Nov 20, 2016

Welcome to this side of the internet Josh! I believe you and I have exchanged a little bit of communication over on TRF in thread replies. I've found your posts there always friendly and helpful. Glad you decided to joined here too!

Honestly, I haven't seen too much of a decline in asking prices for the Snoopy. I think the demand is still there and the supply will not change due to the limited production run. As to the specific seller in Italy, I cannot offer much advice sadly.

3. picklink Nov 21, 2016

Hi Josh,

I am new, too! But unlike you, a newbie. :)

I know the rules about selling here (I am sure for good reason) are very strict: Something like 200 posts and 2 sale reviews or something like that.

Anyway, in case you are interested I think there is the option of (through the admin) transferring here your seller status (and making the process faster) from reputable websites in order for you to get to sell faster without waiting an eternity.

Regards

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 21, 2016

I am personally of the opinion that Snoopy values peaked a few months ago, they may not fall considerably but the big factor maybe what Omega do for the next 2 big anniversaries, that is the 60 years of the Speedy next year and 50 years since the Moon landing in 2019. If either of those are knock-it out-of-the-park must haves (ie way more popular than the CK2998), then I think values in some of the other recent LEs may soften a little as money moves on. I know there are those who will disagree and see the Snoopy heading for the stratosphere but with the modern stuff there is always a next big thing around the corner to take the shine off today's favourite. I see the pre-moon stuff as much firmer long term than the Snoopy. Form is temporary, class is permanent

Edited Nov 21, 2016
  5. repoman Nov 26, 2016

Stratosphere... no, but I don't see a drop of any significance. Also, I don't think its fair to compare vintage pieces to modern. I agree a good 60's Speedy with a 321 calibre is the wiser choice for price appreciation, but what will a Silver Snoopy fetch in 50 years? Think of all the LE Speedy's that have come out every single year.. none of the prior years LE's drop in value as a result. The good ones rise like cream to the top (Gemini IV, Apollo XI 35th, Silver Snoopy). The first Snoopy Speedy has gone way up in value this year, I think its thanks to the new Silver Snoopy. I think the Silver Snoopy has settled into a steady-state for awhile. Brand new unworn complete pieces will continue to rise very modestly, IMHO, because the demand for them will continue and although supply is there now, it will diminish over time. I think the Silver Snoopy demand is what pushed the Apollo XI 35th way up in value this year (my opinion only)... those used to go for $5k all day long, now, $8k minimum, and in a short period of time. Crazy times we will in boys and girls.

tyrantlizardrex and tpatta like this.
  6. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 27, 2016

Exactly, crazy times. Money in the bank returns less than 1% interest and has done for quite some time hence people have been looking at alternative investments and new asset classes to invest in. Once this situation changes and returns to normal, much of this money will gravitate back to more traditional areas and the £10K modern Speedmaster or £200k air cooled 911 will start to look toppy. I would be very wary at dropping big money into something which has skyrocketed in value in the past 3 years.

7. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Nov 27, 2016

Glad I got both Snoopys, the 35th and the Gemini when I did. Probably couldn't afford the 4 of them now.
    I would expect the Silver Snoopy to stay in the 12k+ range for some time to come. Best of luck on your hunt.

8. tyrantlizardrex Nov 27, 2016

There's been some softening in prices asked (not sure if achieved) here in the U.K.

Watchfinder were asking £17k, then £14k, then £10k, and are now selling at £8k.

eBay listings here seem to sit at £10k, and then get ended (I guess selling outside of eBay for 15% less).

I'd be very surprised to see prices take a dip - the peak "have to have it" craziness has calmed down, now we seem to be at a steady market rate.

9. Mark22aa Dec 11, 2016

Here's what I see happening (and I own both the 2013 and 2015 Snoopy). When the watch came out, there was a trickle so the value was stratospheric (north of 15k US). As more inventory came out and buyers got a hold at them and looked at the stratospheric prices, those buyers then put their watches on eBay and Chrono24. That drove the price back down but still well north of the original retail value. I would say the price from a reputable US dealer is somewhere between 11,500 and 13k. Still a few asking 14-16k. As it sits now, I think (and am open to correction) Omega has sold out of them and all of the pieces have been distributed. I think you will see a continued back and forth. With fewer watches on the market, the price goes up. As the price goes up, casual owners want to make a buck and throw theirs onto Ebay or Chrono 24 which deflates the price and so on. I think the price will stay stable at 10-12k for another 3-5 years. What may drive the value down is if Omega releases another Snoopy watch which would likely happen in 3-5 years. Alternatively, another Snoopy movie release might drive the price up. If Snoopy releases another watch and it has a larger run (more than 1970 pieces) it may have little to no effect. If the new Snoopy looks better than the 2015 watch, I could see the price of the 2015 go down. In any event, I think the price will stay stable at 10k and gradually move up with time given the extremely low production run and the individualized nature of the case back.

10. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Dec 11, 2016

Welcome, and get yourself an avatar (that's a sign of commitment here ;))

Enjoy your stay ... If you have established track record on sales in other forums, you can get a waiver from the mods to sell below 200 posts (just in case you didn't read the stickies ::bleh::).

Nice Rolex sub forum as well :thumbsup:
    Cheers al