Forums Latest Members
  1. Blackhawks136 May 30, 2017

Hello all, new member first post on the forums. Long time lurker, a lot of great info on here. Ive been wanting an Omega Seamaster 300m with a black dial for a while now, after trying one on in person awhile back I new I needed to have one. After doing some research, I contracted mdgrwl regarding the new Omega Seamaster 300m he had for sale. Mdgrwl was great in answering all questions I had in timely matter, and the whole process went very smoothly. I would definitely do business with him again in the future if (more like when) I decide to purchase another Omega (there's a lot of them I like).

I received my Seamaster on Saturday 05/27/17 and it was absolutely flawless as advertised, and included all paperwork and warranty information. Could not believe if finally have one of these! This thing is beautiful, three days later I still can't stop staring at it.

Sizing was not difficult, some screws were a bit difficult to loosen but had no issues. The watch has a great presence on the wrist and I think it wears slightly bigger on the wrist compared to my Orient Mako USA, which I believe is actually .5 mm larger in diameter. But that's a good thing, looks perfect on my 7.5 inch wrist.

Accuracy has been solid as well. In the 72 hours I've had it, it's gained 8 secs overall, which I'm pretty thrilled about. It had gained 3 secs when I checked it Sunday morning (laid if dial up overnight) and had gained another 3 secs when I checked it Monday morning (this time crown down). Today, Tuesday morning it had only gained 2 secs ( I had it crown up last night), so I'll probably try it again crown up tonight to see if that continues. All that being said, its brand new so we'll see what it settles into over the coming weeks/months with regular wear.

Nothing much else I can add that hasn't been said about these watches. In my opinion, this is pretty much the perfect watch and I'm excited to finnaly be the owner of one! Again I've learned a lot about these watches and Omegas in general on this forum, lots of great info.

Some pics:
    IMG_2841.JPG IMG_2842.JPG IMG_2843.JPG IMG_2844.JPG IMG_2845.JPG IMG_2846.JPG
    Family shot:
    IMG_2847.JPG

jaguar11, ctime3, sensui and 7 others like this.
  2. mdgrwl May 30, 2017

Good deal my man - enjoy that SMPc!

w.finkenstaedt likes this.
  3. Ssunnylee24 May 30, 2017

Very nice.
    I dont think any other watch fit me better then SMP.

67ViP likes this.
  4. RRMagyar May 31, 2017

Congratulations! Great choice! The same watch will be on my wrist today; although with the blue dial!

5. vienna May 31, 2017

Beautiful watch!

6. bags1971 May 31, 2017

nice watch cant go wrong with SMPc

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 31, 2017

What a rubbish post, all about you yada yada yada etc etc.

Oh! Hang on!

:eek:

You have actually CONTRIBUTED to the forum with an explanation of where you came from, why you like your watch and you've given us some great background and photos to support your post.

A big Bravo Zulu to you @Blackhawks136 (Army or Football Blackhawks?)

Keep the good stuff flowing, now what about those Bulovas? and the Orient?

These are also of interest to us, even if not in the same caliber of Omega.

(see what I did there, "not of the same caliber" :D).

I'm waiting.

8. 67ViP May 31, 2017

I know what you mean, I wound up with two. I had originally intended to buy the 300 Master Co-Axial...but just didn't like the way the dial looks at all. One up close look at a black SMP and I bought it. Went back later for the blue.

9. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 31, 2017

I think it is fake and you were screwed.

Signed,
    Blues fan, you jerk!

Hope you have a sense of humor!
    If not, this is what you get for invoking evil.

Edited May 31, 2017
  10. Blackhawks136 Jun 1, 2017

Haha thanks. Actually Blackhawks as in the Chicago Blackhawks. The two Bulovas are quartz, the blue one being my first expensive (at the time) watch several years ago. Still love it and wear it frequently. The black one looks sharp but can be a little difficult to read depending on how the light is hitting it. The orient mako USA was my first automatic watch I got about a year and a half ago. I got real interested in automatics, and divers, so it was between this and a seiko for my first automatic. It's been a solid watch, swim with it, do a lot of our door activities, but it still works fine. It can be a little sporadic with its accuracy though, sometimes gaining as much as 30-40 seconds a day, which it didn't used to. Planning on getting it looked at, not sure why it started doing that sometimes... but I still enjoy it.

11. Blackhawks136 Jun 1, 2017

well I think we can both agree the Predators suck and I hope they get swept in the finals. Looks like they're on their way already down 2 games!

12. Blackhawks136 Jun 1, 2017

I think the 300 looked sharp. I actually really like it, but the SMP is just about perfect to me. I was considering the blue one as well. I don't think pics do the blue justice, but in person it looked great.

13. Karbon Jun 1, 2017

Congrats!!!

14. herold Jun 8, 2017

Congrats. The black dial looks great!

15. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jun 8, 2017

Looking forward to tonight...

16. jaguar11 Jun 17, 2017

Very sweet!!! Wear in the best of health!!

17. arcentaur Jun 18, 2017

Congrats! Just got mine a couple of weeks ago and still timing the accuracy of the 2500's movement. So far it's +2s max. How's your experience been?

Here's mine:
    IMG_3778.JPG

Blackhawks136, pault8084 and 67ViP like this.
  18. pault8084 Jun 19, 2017

Hi, just got the same watch and mine has lost 8 seconds in the first 4 days. I see most gain time, I never wound at all but wear it every day as I sold my other cheaper watches to justify this purchase!
    Love the glossy black dial and great size, would love an adjustable clasp as slightly snug. Lume is incredible and a watch for all occasions IMG_3529.JPG

Edited Jun 19, 2017
    Blackhawks136 and 67ViP like this.
  19. 67ViP Jun 19, 2017

I'm just got mine in March and love it, got a blue one too and wish I hadn't...simply because I want to wear the black one all the time. I usually adjust mine about once or twice a week, and keep it set to this website:
    http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/time/display-clocks/simpletime
    Since I still wear a uniform, accurate time is kind of critical. I'll probably windup giving the blue one to my son when he graduates college next year...but he doesn't know that, only had it a month or so.

Blackhawks136 and arcentaur like this.
  20. Blackhawks136 Jun 20, 2017

Mines about the same. Somewhere between 2-3 secs fast per day. On my work days I only wear it about 4 hours and wear my Orient to work. So during the work week it'll usually gain only a second or two a day. On my days off when it's on my wrist from the moment I get up until I go to bed it'll run 2-3 secs fast a day. I check it all the time against the official time mostly because it just amazes me to see how accurate this thing is. Also it gives me a good excuse to sit and stare at it for a bit lol can't help but admire it.

67ViP likes this.