Forums Latest Members
  1. peep Jun 22, 2015

I purchased from someone here on the forum and I am totally in love !!! It is not the watch I was expecting to be my first --but I am totally glad it is !!! its even more stunning in person...

Now I just need to get the bracelet sized a bit as I am almost take it off without unbuckling it !!!

Bond_SM_Om.jpg IMG_7041.JPG

Spike and Flingit1200s like this.
  2. bencrouch25 Jun 22, 2015

Congratulations - lovely watch. Get it resized by your jeweller and you'll be ready to go!

3. Mothra Jun 22, 2015

what an awesome starter watch. I have no idea if you plan more, but there are a bunch of other similar watches that would complement that one. I have a couple....
    12 Seamaster GMT Great White.jpg 11 Seamaster GMT Black Dial.jpg
    One day I'll pick up an electric blue as well...

peep likes this.
  4. peep Jun 22, 2015

thank you everyone !!!!

Nice watches Mothra !! I might have to get a speedmaster next as I love racing...and the more I learn about them and their story, the more I like them...but we will see....

We are going to take a drive to our closest Omega store this weekend to have them size the bracelet for me and take a look at it....I know I should have it serviced but I dont want to be without it yet ! How long does a service normally take? Is it safe at an Omega store?

5. Audley Yung Jun 22, 2015

Gorgeous! I love the bold dial markers and the sword hands. Makes a bigger statement than the 2531.80

peep likes this.
  6. peep Jun 22, 2015

Thank you Audley !

7. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jun 22, 2015

Nice start. Hang around this group for awhile and it won't be your last. :D

peep likes this.
  8. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 22, 2015

THAT is a watch to love! Congratulations! Once you get the bracelet sized, there is nothing to be embarrassed about if you feel compelled to wear it continuously for the next three weeks :)

peep and tpatta like this.
  9. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 22, 2015

Omega store -- Dangerous? Yes, but not for the usual reasons. It's a candy store. A dangerous candy store.

peep likes this.
  10. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jun 22, 2015

I find it best to leave the wallet and credit cards in the car when visiting the local boutique.

peep likes this.
  11. alam Jun 22, 2015

Not a bad start.. :thumbsup:

peep likes this.
  12. chickenman26 Jun 23, 2015

And if you didn't, I'm sure the previous owner would have been happy to swap them to something else. :whipped:

13. peep Jun 23, 2015

Thanks everyone -- i am truly in love with it.... Is this something that can be serviced while I wait, or do they have to <gasp> keep it?

14. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jun 23, 2015

Not sure what you had in mind for your first, but I think most will agree...YA DONE REAL GOOD!
    As for service, I have been in similar situations. My opinion (and everyone has one) is enjoy it until the honeymoon cools (may be weeks). Then have it serviced by a qualified watchmaker who will keep it for some time (I would say at least two weeks, up to six weeks, average four weeks in my experience).

peep likes this.
  15. Queue Eat any good books lately? Jun 23, 2015

Congrats!

peep likes this.
  16. peep Jun 23, 2015

Awww -- thank you Time !!!

OMG -- 4 weeks???? yeah...cant see myself being away that long...HAHAHA there is an Omega Service Center in NYC that I can take it to... I tend to get....attached...to things....dont event get me started about my car..

Time Exposure likes this.