My First Omega : The Triple Date Speedmaster

Hello everyone,

New member here and I wanted to thank all of you for helping me get my first Omega. Been a fan of this forum for some time and I wanted to return the favor by sharing my excitement for my first and perhaps only Omega for life: the Triple Date / Full Calendar Speedmaster (Ref : 3220.50.00)

1000069075.jpg

I've been eyeing this exact model since 2019 but like many of you have commented, it was a busy watch packed in such a small body. I absolutely need a day date and since a brand new Holy Grail Speedmaster is still nowhere to be found, I've kept tabs on all the online markets for this over the years.

Fast forward to today, a significant milestone occurred that made me consider getting the full 42mm Speedmaster Professional. I walked into an AD several times, tried one on but for some reason the Moon Watch didn't speak to me - flashbacks of the Triple Date bookmarked on my browsers and my practical need for Day Date just kept haunting me.

One reason for this, personally is that this particular milestone in my life is a very stark reminder that we don't have any days to waste on this earth: I want to be constantly reminded of this fact, physically, and see the passing of days, as a permanent reminder to do more with all that we have left. 1000069098.jpg
Thanks to a wonderful boutique seller on C24, I managed to find one of these in NOS condition (2016), which commanded a premium but was totally worth it in my book.

Upon arrival, I was expecting a tiny package but was still thrown off by how compact this 40mm appeared. Granted my rotation had been a 46mm Garmin and a true 40mm Seiko SKX before but since the Triple Date actually measures 38mm from 9 to 3, I was worried this would look insignificant even on my 6.25in wrist.
1000069103.jpg
However the second it was on my wrist, even the AD at the store saw my visible gasp as I fell in love with look and feel of this beauty. Yes, the first thing I did was have a local Omega Service Center adjust the links for me.
1000069235.jpg 1000069260.jpg
1000069358.jpg
I absolutely love the fit, presence and complications of this wonderful marvel. No, it doesn't have history or legacy and yes, the markings are a tad small for my aging eyes.

But these only serve as reminders that I don't have many days left, and that the only true legacy that matters is what I can pass on to my daughter before my time comes.

Thank you reading. Hope you don't mind a few more beauty shots. Be safe and wear yours in good health, everyone.
1000069098.jpg 1000069269.jpg
MCR

These are excellent first Speedmasters, being ETA 7751 based they’re both very accurate and reliable with easy servicing through independents and the price point is very good for the amount of watch you get for your money. Glad you’re enjoying it, you chose well!

Congratulations. An absolutely beautiful timepiece. Enjoy it in good health and happiness.

These are excellent first Speedmasters, being ETA 7751 based they’re both very accurate and reliable with easy servicing through independents and the price point is very good for the amount of watch you get for your money. Glad you’re enjoying it, you chose well!
Thank you so much ! Yes, it's only been a week so may be too early to tell how many +/- spd but whenever my alarm goes off in the morning so far, this Speedy is right on the dot. I'll consider servicing in a few months, which opens up the conundrum: what will occupy my wrist in the meantime . . . 😉

Congratulations. An absolutely beautiful timepiece. Enjoy it in good health and happiness.
Thank you very much ! I heartily agree, she is a beauty. Enjoy yours as well in good health and fortune.

Hello everyone,

New member here and I wanted to thank all of you for helping me get my first Omega. Been a fan of this forum for some time and I wanted to return the favor by sharing my excitement for my first and perhaps only Omega for life: the Triple Date / Full Calendar Speedmaster (Ref : 3220.50.00)

1000069075.jpg

I've been eyeing this exact model since 2019 but like many of you have commented, it was a busy watch packed in such a small body. I absolutely need a day date and since a brand new Holy Grail Speedmaster is still nowhere to be found, I've kept tabs on all the online markets for this over the years.

Fast forward to today, a significant milestone occurred that made me consider getting the full 42mm Speedmaster Professional. I walked into an AD several times, tried one on but for some reason the Moon Watch didn't speak to me - flashbacks of the Triple Date bookmarked on my browsers and my practical need for Day Date just kept haunting me.

One reason for this, personally is that this particular milestone in my life is a very stark reminder that we don't have any days to waste on this earth: I want to be constantly reminded of this fact, physically, and see the passing of days, as a permanent reminder to do more with all that we have left. 1000069098.jpg
Thanks to a wonderful boutique seller on C24, I managed to find one of these in NOS condition (2016), which commanded a premium but was totally worth it in my book.

Upon arrival, I was expecting a tiny package but was still thrown off by how compact this 40mm appeared. Granted my rotation had been a 46mm Garmin and a true 40mm Seiko SKX before but since the Triple Date actually measures 38mm from 9 to 3, I was worried this would look insignificant even on my 6.25in wrist.
1000069103.jpg
However the second it was on my wrist, even the AD at the store saw my visible gasp as I fell in love with look and feel of this beauty. Yes, the first thing I did was have a local Omega Service Center adjust the links for me.
1000069235.jpg 1000069260.jpg
1000069358.jpg
I absolutely love the fit, presence and complications of this wonderful marvel. No, it doesn't have history or legacy and yes, the markings are a tad small for my aging eyes.

But these only serve as reminders that I don't have many days left, and that the only true legacy that matters is what I can pass on to my daughter before my time comes.

Thank you reading. Hope you don't mind a few more beauty shots. Be safe and wear yours in good health, everyone.
1000069098.jpg 1000069269.jpg
MCR
Well done! I had one for few months, a very well made watch,however the size and proportions did not work well for me. Perhaps I compared it to the Speedy Pro which I have been wearing for 8 years.
Enjoy it!

Love the 24 hr register to serve as a sneaky gmt dual time zone