Forums Latest Members
  1. Lossantos94 Feb 26, 2019

Hi everyone, I bought this vintage Omega Geneve watch, Cal 1481, also used by tissot. The watch has been sold as not working, it seems original to me, what do you think? Price?

IMG_20190226_214728.jpg IMG_20190226_214658.jpg IMG_20190226_214627.jpg
    andrewwink likes this.
  2. Hippocampus Feb 26, 2019

The crown looks like a replacement but it’s original to my eye otherwise. Cal 1481s are sort of a sleeper movement, it was a sort of “shared” movement with Tissot (and I think one other brand actually but I can’t recall which), it has a nifty quickset date which is advanced by pushing the crown in.

Unfortunately these don’t have a lot of collector value to them, Geneve models from this time were generally the entry level pieces and had less fancy details to them. Although yours has an original dial, between the gold plated case in the condition it’s in, the bracelet end links being bent/ stretched, and the movement not in running order doesn’t make it terribly valuable. $200 would be about where I’d guess it’d end up at an auction

3. Lossantos94 Feb 27, 2019

Thanks for the information, yes, the crown has been replaced, and the price I paid is very close to what you said, a little more, however I see that these pieces are being reevaluated, a bit like all the models of the years 70. I hope I have made a good purchase, it will depend a lot on the expense to fix it.