Forums Latest Members
  1. GlenM Apr 11, 2015

Some time ago, I posted on this forum that I was looking for a first Omega to help me along with the starting of a collection.
    Well, time has passed and other things took over. Last week, I took the plunge and have bought a Seamaster 600. With luck, it is all original and as it should be.
    The watch came with an original receipt from Garrards, dated April 1970. Apparantly, it has been unused for the last 15 years.
    I have polished the crystal to get rid of some scratches, and lightly cleaned (not polished) the case.
    Any opinions on the watch?

Here's to the beginning of my collection :) IMG_8283.JPG IMG_8285.JPG IMG_8287.JPG IMG_8296.JPG IMG_8299.JPG

micampe and VetPsychWars like this.
  2. micampe Apr 11, 2015

excellent start, good job.

3. datniche27 Apr 11, 2015

Flawless! That's an excellent example. It seems that many SM600's stayed well preserved, but that's a great one. Wear it in good health!

4. j.allen Apr 11, 2015

Wow, very nice. I just posted a very similar one, but yours is in much better condition. Now you get to pick a strap. There's actually a thread about choosing one for a watch that is almost identical.

5. KIMBER Apr 11, 2015

Your off to a great start with that one. Congratz and enjoy.

6. TheCaptainOfTech Apr 12, 2015

Congrats on the watch!

7. GlenM Apr 13, 2015

Thanks for all the comments. I bought the watch from Ebay, so a year of reading this forum has helped me spot an authentic one!

The condition does seem to be very good - there is a sight crack on the edge of the crystal (crystal is an signed Omega), and the second hand has some discolouration.

I currently have it on a cheap brown strap (it came with a fixo-flex), vut will be looking out for one with an Omega buckle. I'm thinking dark brown calf. I'll look through the other posts and see if they help me decide.

8. gnuyork Apr 13, 2015

Very nice! Simple and clean.