Forums Latest Members
  1. levan petrosyan Dec 8, 2012

just pulled the trigger on my first omega watch :cool: i was back and forth for weeks trying to decide between breitling and omega but at the end the price on amazon won me over. is it just me or is this a good price from a reputable dealer (even got free overnight shipping)? i havent bought from amazon before, but by all accounts they do a good job.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00861E8HG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

stoked for tuesday!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 8, 2012

Definitely cooler than a Breitling ;)

They're a big, heavy, chunky piece of steel, and one cool thing you may not know, most chronographs do NOT have waterproof pushers, so you can't operate the chronograph underwater. The Planet Ocean Chronographs are one of a very tiny number of true diving chronographs with fully waterproof pushers.

3. levan petrosyan Dec 8, 2012

that is awesome, i am so excited.

i dont know if anyone could answer this (excuse my ignorance), but i am kind of looking around trying to figure out why the watch is being sold at a 35% discount...is it a "last years" model? i went onto the omega website and its up there with the rest of the collection.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 8, 2012

Its no longer in production anymore, the new model is the Cal 9300 Planet Ocean.

5. levan petrosyan Dec 8, 2012

thanks, i figured it was something of the sort :)

6. MyVintageOmega Dec 8, 2012

Pre-owned can be found on ebay for 3500 US. The retail that Amazon quotes is at the highest end. Nice watch BTW:thumbsup:

7. levan petrosyan Dec 8, 2012

i am so paranoid about getting watches from ebay...i bought an oris a few years ago and it ended up being an oris casing with a non oris movement...

8. MyVintageOmega Dec 8, 2012

:D I'am even worse.......never bought anything on line. Does not mean it can't work out for many.

9. levan petrosyan Dec 8, 2012

perhaps i should have been asking this before buying the watch but whats i the deal with the 3313 movement? i guess some people seem to have issues with it? reading about it seems like there are different iterations (A, B, C)?

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 8, 2012

3313 did have some issues, not all people were effected but numbers were higher than most would have desired.

11. levan petrosyan Dec 8, 2012

when did they stop making watches with the 3313? is the 9300 the replacement in-house movement?

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 8, 2012

9300 displaced the 3313 in March 2011

13. ulackfocus Dec 8, 2012

I've got the 3313 .pdf from Omega showing what needs to be done to the Piguet based chronographs to make them right. Can't upload the file for some reason though. ::confused2:: I can e-mail you if you want to see it. Page 4 and 5 (of 24 pages) show the madated repairs and replacement parts necessary. It was supposed to be done while being serviced whether needed or not at that time.

14. levan petrosyan Dec 8, 2012

15. levan petrosyan Dec 8, 2012

i hope i get a "later" version of the 3313...i guess i would since its new. should i send the serial to omega to have them tell me which movement i have? does it matter? a?b?c? i assume the later ones have more issues that are fixed?

another question...

how can i make sure the watch is authentic once i receive it? should i take it down to teurnau and have them check it?

16. ulackfocus Dec 8, 2012

Done.

17. levan petrosyan Dec 8, 2012

thank you sir.

18. Buck2466 Dec 8, 2012

The only problem with purchasing your watch through Amazon is they offer a 2 year warranty vs. 3 year from Omega. Omega will not honor the warranty because it was not purchased through an Authorized Omega Dealer. But considering what you paid for yours vs. what I paid for mine from an AD, you are money ahead. I'm sure the watch is authenic coming from Amazon, but you can always post pictures once you receive it and there are plenty of members that can verify it's authenticity. By the way, nice choice. It was my first Omega too!

19. levan petrosyan Dec 8, 2012

will post pictures when i get the watch...tuesday cant come soon enough.

20. levan petrosyan Dec 8, 2012

anyone use a winder? i am currently watchless since my oris got stolen last week...so this will be my one and only watch. that being said, i do work from home a lot and my oris spent plenty fo time on the shelf. any advantages to using an automatic winder? does it effect the mechanism function in the long term?